Roller wax system or cartridge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieL84

Suzanne Humphray Skin & Beauty
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been looking through threads on which wax system to go for but they were a good few years old! I have been looking at the phd wax system, the Australian Bodycare systems and Perron Rigot. I like the idea of roller wax for the legs etc but then people talk about the cartridge wax systems being the most hygienic. I’m not sure I understand the difference? What are your thoughts and do you have any recommendations please? Also, I like the sound of the Perron Rigot hot waxes and the pre/post products. Please help x

Roller wax comes in cartridges - hence how names can be confused. It is the same.
Some brands come with a fixed head so you throw the whole cartridge away. Some come with screw on heads and separate full cartridges. The wax is hard in the cartridge when delivered.
I've used several brands of roll on wax and their heaters and by far the best system is by Clean + easy.
They have a range of waxes to choose from.
Their heaters work at a well regulated temperature, efficient wax usage, range of products for pre & post if you want. Wax flows evenly through the heads (unlike some brands!).
PhD is a neat little system but only good for small areas.

I'm sure I've written lots of other threads on here about roller wax! They must be somewhere for you to read :)

Here is the link to the american site https://www.cleanandeasyspa.com/
In the UK you can buy from wholesalers such as Ellisons and others.

Thank you so much for your response, I love hearing from other professionals! I did look at the Clean & Easy system in my Ellisons brochure, but after reading about each of the waxing systems available to purchase through Ellisons (Depilieve, Clean & Easy, GiGi, Perrin Rigot, Outback Organics, Hive, Sienna X and phd) I got completely mind boggled and so confused ‍♀️ All of the information for each brand made each of them sound equally amazing! So it’s good to hear from someone who uses one of the systems and can speak from experience. I will look into the Clean & Easy a bit further now, thank you. Do you have any preference/experience with hot wax?
Thanks again x

I have a small pot of the clean + easy brazillian hard wax just for occasional use on one client but I’ve never really needed it. (I’ve been waxing for 30 years now) . However I don’t do intimate waxing.

There are lots of other threads on here about hot wax though which should help you.

I like to try different waxes all the time. It’s easy to find the ones you don’t like but I tend to find there are several I do like and still can’t choose a favourite. I’ve got the double Deo Roller Wax heater which means I can try different wax brands as it holds all 100ml cartridges. I’d buy a heater like that which allows you try several brands than be stuck with a heater that only fits that brand, although I think most do hold other brands but you do need to check the size of the rollers. For example I like the large 100ml for full leg waxing but this size wouldn’t fit some of the heaters such as clean and easy who hold 85ml.

Thank you so much for all of your replies, I really appreciate it. I hadn’t heard of the Deo Roller Wax heater, so I will look into that one, thank you. And such a fabulous idea about trying lots of waxes to find my own favourite. X

Roller wax comes in cartridges - hence how names can be confused. It is the same.
Some brands come with a fixed head so you throw the whole cartridge away. Some come with screw on heads and separate full cartridges. The wax is hard in the cartridge when delivered.
I've used several brands of roll on wax and their heaters and by far the best system is by Clean + easy.
They have a range of waxes to choose from.
Their heaters work at a well regulated temperature, efficient wax usage, range of products for pre & post if you want. Wax flows evenly through the heads (unlike some brands!).
PhD is a neat little system but only good for small areas.

I'm sure I've written lots of other threads on here about roller wax! They must be somewhere for you to read :)

Here is the link to the american site https://www.cleanandeasyspa.com/
In the UK you can buy from wholesalers such as Ellisons and others.

Can I ask which of their waxes your find are best at stubborn, coarse hair?

I have used the original and hemp waxes- both good on removing coarse hair.
I can’t comment on their other types, sorry!

Have you tried wax logic? Best wax I have used without a doubt.

Latest posts

Back