Roo Emerald Trolley - whose has broken?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

so last December i excitedly purchased an Emerald Trolley from the Roo website ready for Santa to come and collect to give me on Christmas day. I started using the case in January and by end of February the top of the case had come away from the zip from where the material had just frayed away, i contacted roo straight away because a case that cost around £89 shouldn't do this surely?! They replied saying no one else had had any problems so they would be willing for me to send my case back for them to look at and then they would send me out a new red or blue one, which 1. I can't go that long without my case because i work monday-saturday and can't roll up at clients houses with my kit in a tesco carrier, and 2. I didn't want a red or blue case, that was why i purchased a black one. The second offer was a part refund which i thought would be acceptable because i could put it towards a new case, they gave me £25 which i thought was a bit of a joke at the time but i didn't think it could get any worse and that was that. Funnily enough the emerald trolley went out of stock and then they announced they had discontinued it.

It is now August and my case is in a state, the front pocket is falling off, the handle is on it's last legs and if it wasn't for the fact i keep sewing it up i'm sure it would be in the bin now. The cosmetic cases that came with it and the cases that i purchased separately have also started to go, the zips don't always work, the mesh on the top has started to split... I personally think for the price of what I paid for all my Roo goodies it is unacceptable.

Has anyone else (who uses their trolleys and cases for business purposes) had problems as I would like to email them again. I know i've accepted the £25 part refund so i don't really have a leg to stand on but I am annoyed and would like to let them know that I am not the only one who has had problems as I have received emails from a few geeks over the last few months to say they have also had problems. Thanks in advance.

Yes mine fell apart

I have had mine for years and use it constantly and still in great condition , but I'm sure there is another thread on here from month sago about people saying theirs have fell apart .

thank you for your replies geeks, yes that was me but i can't find it and my computers playing up and i haven't been able to use my searches so was unable to find it (sorry admin), also the last title said the wrong trolley name because i was having a doo lally day :)

My trolley started to peal away inside they said the same to me that its the first time its happened but only offered me a £5 refund so I refused and they exchanged it. Got it yesterday and haven't looked at it yet. I won't be buying anything else from them in future :(

Just to add mine was the mirage trolley

thank you for replying, it's so annoying because their cases are so beautiful and if they were man enough they would be perfect, but it's really put me off buying from them again. I've been looking into Zuca and have started to save my pennies... although i find it annoying that it's not even a year and i've had to replace my roo one x

I know this is not the 'roo' trolley but i bought shall we say a 'fake' no make trolley with exactly the same design, compartments, backpack (detachable) and little containers for £50 and mine is still in perfect condition after 8 months of use. like not a sign of wear and tear (apart from th wheels)

i know thats not relevant but i guess im just trying to say that if an unbranded product can withstand day to day use then you would expect a branded one to be able to. Its not fair as people spend a lot of money on things and for £90 you expect them to last :(

I know this is not the 'roo' trolley but i bought shall we say a 'fake' no make trolley with exactly the same design, compartments, backpack (detachable) and little containers for £50 and mine is still in perfect condition after 8 months of use. like not a sign of wear and tear (apart from th wheels)

i know thats not relevant but i guess im just trying to say that if an unbranded product can withstand day to day use then you would expect a branded one to be able to. Its not fair as people spend a lot of money on things and for £90 you expect them to last :(

Where did you get this ??

I had a zuca also and could nt fit everything I had in my roo in my zuca, and also when I was walking with it it would wobble and tip sideways a lot, I actually preferred the roo over it . In my opinion not worth the £200 price tag

I had a zuca also and could nt fit everything I had in my roo in my zuca, and also when I was walking with it it would wobble and tip sideways a lot, I actually preferred the roo over it . In my opinion not worth the £200 price tag

oh no, don't say that! it's the only trolley i've found that looks like it will replace my roo :lol: thank you for the feedback though, i couldn't find many reviews on it but that doesnt sound too great x

I know loads of people love it , so don't let me put you off x

I've had my Roo for 18 months and it's still as good as new. However, I don't do beauty work full time so that's probably why it's in good condition.

I know I'll have to replace it at some point so would be interested to hear about/see other options.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine has frayed (the pink material bit) but the trolley is as good as ever, no problems with the inserts either. My backpack has started to fray as well. :(

I contacted them and they gave me a £25 refund. They offered me red or blue too but I said no. I asked them how much it would be if I wanted to purchase a red or blue one separately and they said £90! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Erm, salon-supplies.co.uk i think... its called galaxy elegance trolley or along those lines, mines zebra xxxx

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

oh no, don't say that! it's the only trolley i've found that looks like it will replace my roo :lol: thank you for the feedback though, i couldn't find many reviews on it but that doesnt sound too great x

I've had a Zuca for 3 years for my make-up and it is the best case I have ever had. Very sturdy, loads of room inside (although I guess it depends on what you want to put in it). Mine never tips over either and when you turn up on a job with no chairs you can sit on it!

Erm, salon-supplies.co.uk i think... its called galaxy elegance trolley or along those lines, mines zebra xxxx

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's actually the same as the roo ones so perhaps yours will wear too x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just ordered my case, I really hope it's not going to fall apart! It's a case and not a trolley, wonder if that makes a difference

Mine has frayed and ripped at the front pocket too and my handle has came off completely so only has the pull along bit now :(. Made sure wasn't overfilling either to avoid this happening :(

Mine fell to pieces and last night the handle fell off. Bloody gutted as I recommended the damn thing AND I bought 2 of them, the second one has gone the same. NOT happy. :irked:

arghhh makes me so mad! they advertised it as a professional trolley so you'd expect it to last. I didn't overfill mine because i was a bit worried as i never have any luck with zips, but still it broke. The front pocket was the strangest to go because i actually have hardly anything in there!

Latest posts

Back