Room/chair rent - keeping customers separate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy Johns

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been reading up on the basics of renting out a nail station and a room and appreciate the need for written terms between both sides. This would be within an existing beauty salon.
Any suggestions on keeping the customer base separate? They'd run their own customers in the main, but I'd anticipate time when they did ours or we did theirs or could be double bookings etc. We have a computer till / screen so fairly visible, they'd probably have a written book. If you get on well with the renter some cross over is fine, but if its a straight forward business rental how to maintain that separation.
Appreciate any suggestions or ideas.
I guess with a hair salon between the hair and say nails the customer can use both without problem but when were all doing the same service how does it work in reality.
Thanks
CJ

Hi Cathy

It’s hard since you and your contractors are stand alone businesses all competing for the same clients.

One option is to have a restrictive covenant in your contract with renters:

Along the lines of “the contractor is prohibited from approaching clients either currently of the salon or where the salon has had “material” dealings with the salon in the past” (or some such wording).

I’m an accountant rather than a solicitor so would recommend a solicitor help if you go down this route.

Either way, keep your Client details well away from the contractors, as you say.

Hi Thanks that's useful I've seen the convents used for not setting up own business right next ddor to your salon but hadn't considered it for this. Thanks CJ

Latest posts

Back