Root melt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinset n curls

Reaction score
Hi all. Has anyone an answer as to how you stop a dark as in level 4 and darker from going on the hair you just spent ages on getting the foils or balyage on when you rinse it all out. Yesterday I did a full head balyage technique with bleach on a level 6. Got it up to a brassy 8/9. Washed n towel dried. Then did level 1 blue black root melt and a cyclamen crazy colour on the rest. I wrapped the most of it in cling film when I washed the root area but some got through and created some purple bits. This looked great thankfully. Had I wanted to leave the highlights light and toned how do you stop the dark colour grabbing the bleach bits. 🤔🤔

Hi all. Has anyone an answer as to how you stop a dark as in level 4 and darker from going on the hair you just spent ages on getting the foils or balyage on when you rinse it all out. Yesterday I did a full head balyage technique with bleach on a level 6. Got it up to a brassy 8/9. Washed n towel dried. Then did level 1 blue black root melt and a cyclamen crazy colour on the rest. I wrapped the most of it in cling film when I washed the root area but some got through and created some purple bits. This looked great thankfully. Had I wanted to leave the highlights light and toned how do you stop the dark colour grabbing the bleach bits. 🤔🤔
It's so difficult when you're using such a dark, intense colour. But what I would do is actually try rinsing the ends first, then applying a really thick conditioning ask / anti oxi conditioner and then carefully rinse the root colour. Give it a good shampoo to stop anything settling on the surface... I can't really think of any tother way sorry.

Thanks for your comments. Actually id never thought about rinsing the ends first but think that could be a better way and like you suggested using a mask/ thick conditioner as a barrier. I've seen some tutorial where they do each stage separate but think the bleach would still grab the dark colour so yes I will definitely try your idea.. thanks

Latest posts

Back