Root shadow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
Hi, I haven’t a lot of experience in doing balayage and have a client requesting it. I shall be doing it with foil, weave and tease technique however I dont feel confident in that I shall have a lovely blend into her natural. I never know how much to backcomb, I imagine the more there is the better the blend. To be safe from this would you recommend a shadow root of her natural to help cover up any lines? Is this generally a standard thing that is done? To creat a softer blend of colours.

Hi, I haven’t a lot of experience in doing balayage and have a client requesting it. I shall be doing it with foil, weave and tease technique however I dont feel confident in that I shall have a lovely blend into her natural. I never know how much to backcomb, I imagine the more there is the better the blend. To be safe from this would you recommend a shadow root of her natural to help cover up any lines? Is this generally a standard thing that is done? To creat a softer blend of colours.
I pretty much always do this anyway only because a lot of clients don't actually like their natural colour. Use a Demi if you're not having to cover more than 50% of white hair.
If your client prefers not to have a root colour. You just have to backcomb more with a teasing brush or a few ne toothed comb. When you apply the lightner you still need to feather the bleach up to help the blend.
I'd also introduce weaves, and do a lot of your sections on a diagonal.

Latest posts

Back