Root smudge has gone ginger

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJayne

Reaction score
Hi,
I need some advice.

3 weeks ago I did a root smudge on a client.

She had bleach blonde highlights all over and wanted a more natural grown out look. I mixed Wella colour touch 7.1 and 7.0 left on for 20mins and then went through and scattered some baby lights to brake the colour up.

She has now messaged me saying the roots have gone ginger and she’s not happy. I’ve said I will come back and recolour But I need advice as to what to use.
I was going to use illumina 7.81 would this work??
Or should I use 5.1 and 7.0?
She doesn’t want the colour to be too dark as her natural roots are a ashy level 7.

CT is a demi not a permanent so it will fade naturally when washed but more quickly if;
1. You were colouring over porous hair or,
2. the client has used a cheap shampoo that contains strong detergents that strip out colour.

When a client messages to complain, definitely offer to look at the hair and advise on her options but I’d never agree to a re-do via text without seeing the hair in person and asking some questions. If the client hasn’t taken care of their colour, it’s on them to cover the cost of a re-do.

Also, a clients version of ‘ginger’ is often not the same as ours...

She has sent some pictures through and it’s gone slightly warm. I think this is due to it being a demi.

I want to use illumina 7.81 but I don’t know if this is a bad idea as I don’t want it to turn green.

She has sent some pictures through and it’s gone slightly warm. I think this is due to it being a demi.

I want to use illumina 7.81 but I don’t know if this is a bad idea as I don’t want it to turn green.
Hiya I would either pre pig her root then rinse dry and apply your tint over it but explain it will still fade or do a t section highlights with the tint in between then do a root toner of a 7 this will help blend the highlights from the root more naturally and lock in the root colour a bit better, it will still fade until her natural root has grown out a bit more x

This is her root....would I need to prepig if I’m already dealing with a warm tone anyway?

I think 7.0 is the problem as this is what has caused the warmth.

This is the hair 348CE35F-9C13-470A-9C4A-C0D38FAA4C12.png

Attachments

• 91AAAABC-F19F-42B7-9EC4-1B5BE3EEB3A3.png
    91AAAABC-F19F-42B7-9EC4-1B5BE3EEB3A3.png
    950.6 KB · Views: 237

Latest posts

Back