Root stretch / balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataylor0510

Reaction score
Morning! I will be doing a root stretch which will go into a balayage later on and I usually do in 2 stages, roots first then once processed wash the colour off, dry the hair then do balayage.
I've seen people do it all in one go but I was wandering what peple favour to do?x

You can do it whatever way you find works best for you! I do it all at once but it depends on the clients hair!

Do you find it can be more blotchy if you go over tint?

Do you find it can be more blotchy if you go over tint?

Yeah you can't really over saturate the tint which we need to do a lot of the time

Hi

I am looking for some advice on how to achieve this balyage look. I have also attached a picture of my own hair to show the colour.

I am putting in a light ash blonde weave and was then going to do reverse balyage to achieve the look in the other picture.

I will also need to tone it all and add some highlights into my own hair to achieve balyage rather than ombré.

Can anyone give some advice on which products/colours I'm best using? I'm not a hairdresser so keep it as simple as possible lol. I've watched tutorials on Facebook and it looks pretty straight forward, I just don't want to mess up the colouring xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453517877.324519.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453517943.944105.jpg

P.s I'm growing my hair out, that's why it's a mess [emoji85] lol x

I prefer to do it all in one..i find the blend of colours to have more gradient but again depending on the client. I part the hair in half..then then take diagonal sections starting from the top of the head down..applying the root colour..while this is processing I free hand the balayage into a V on each section I take..make sure the middle of the V is blended out..or the result will look like a Lego head..while this is processing I go back to the root a stretch the colour out ..if u used 20 vol in the root formular dilute it to 10vol before u stretch the colour out..when it has reached full development when your about to wash the hair..where the tint is.. wet it a little and massage it a little further down the hair to give it a total blend...if a toner is required for the lightened parts which is usually the case..i usually drag it up a little further up than it needs to..to also add to the blending effect. .hope this makes some sense.

Thanks that's helpful. So what colours/product would you suggest for the same as the picture?

Also the weave I'm putting on is light ash blonde, and my hairs a dark blonde, would thus cause a problem? X

I've decided against doing it myself, just going to have to be patient and wait until next week xx

Yea defo do not attempt to do it ur self..its way more technical than just slappin' on a tint..to get the perfect blend defo leave it to someone else

Latest posts

Back