Root stretch help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liberty_n

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a client who is a base 8, so quite light but she wants the root stretch look. As she's fairly light I'm unsure which technique to use. If she was brunette it would a lot easier. Any suggestions? I've attached a photo of what she wants, and she is a base 8/9
Thanks!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387561984.755077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Or is she asking to darken her roots with color? Advise against it! The maintenance and retouching of that will turn into a nightmare for the both of you.

I have mine like this, and have done a few clients. The way I do it is apply as a root retouch and drag down as much as u want:) always come out great x

I have advised her about re growth on her roots and she still wants to go ahead! Thank you everyone suggestions have been helpful! Heard about balayage, not sure how to do it? Seems quite complicated, can it be done with any colour range? X

Balayage is simple... Just takes practice to find your comfort. It can be done with any line... Bleach, color, etc... It's just an application technique.

@katie112 I love your work in those pics!!they look great!!

Ive done this loads lately if u backcomb were you want it to end,apply conditioner in foils to the ends were you would usually put the bleach when dip dying then do roots as normal if that makes sense! Thats how i find it easier anyway i find you get a better fade with it ! View attachment 51015View attachment 51016

Love your work these look fantastic!!!

I have mine like this, and have done a few clients. The way I do it is apply as a root retouch and drag down as much as u want:) always come out great x

It's called "stretched root" iv done loads essex has gone mad for it since Kim kardashian has sported it, so easy to do
I agree with marie hilton I do mine like this also but with a bit a balayage aswell x

I applied at the root and dragged it down with my comb to the desired length and it came out perfect! Was SO please with it. I think if she already had the dark roots and only needed ends lightening then I would do the back comb technique x

Great work, the pics are fab x

I applied at the root and dragged it down with my comb to the desired length and it came out perfect! Was SO please with it. I think if she already had the dark roots and only needed ends lightening then I would do the back comb technique x

Did you take any pics?post them up if you did x

When doing this method of stretching the colour down how does it not go on any of the light porous ends!x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been doing this quite a lot too, love the way it looks!
However- I'm dreading the day when my blonde clients want to go back to full head blonde highlights! Will be a nightmare getting rid of the band of dark tint!

When doing this method of stretching the colour down how does it not go on any of the light porous ends!x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah, I'm scared of doing this, I know how to do it in theory just worries about getting darker colours on hair you wanna keeep blonde.

I was told at wella to use "v"s in the back of the head and alter the point each time and go slightly higher slightly lower each time to give a natural effect

So worried about this lol

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I apply like a root tint as far down as I want it to go, then back comb slightly & feather colour in a bit

Latest posts

Back