Root stretch, not getting the colour on the blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayesha

Reaction score
Hey geeks. Ok so root stretches.... on a couple of occasions when I’ve done a root stretch some of the darker colour has got into the blonde. Like a teeny little patch. How can I stop this from happening?? I use a wider toothed comb to blend out and am very carefully. It doesn’t happen all the time just a couple of times and it’s annoying me. How can I not have this happen. Thankyou

Can you explain the situation a bit more? Where are the patches appearing?
Are you doing the root tint on its own or are you also doing the blonde at the same time and smudging them together?
Are you separating all the sections with foil?

Can you explain the situation a bit more? Where are the patches appearing?
Are you doing the root tint on its own or are you also doing the blonde at the same time and smudging them together?
Are you separating all the sections with foil?
Hi Hun sorry. Ok so ladies that are already blonde thsr are wanting a root stretch. So I apply the darker colour to the roots and blend down with a comb. The blonde is already there so no need for me to apply more blonde. I’ll try find a picture so I can explain

Hi Hun sorry. Ok so ladies that are already blonde thsr are wanting a root stretch. So I apply the darker colour to the roots and blend down with a comb. The blonde is already there so no need for me to apply more blonde. I’ll try find a picture so I can explain

Do you apply it on damp hair or dry?

It's all about being careful, if you get any colour on the blonde hair just have some lighter with 1.9 and water to hand and rub in to the bits you've spilt it on. X

It's all about being careful, if you get any colour on the blonde hair just have some lighter with 1.9 and water to hand and rub in to the bits you've spilt it on. X
That’s great thankyou x

Dry hair Hun x

I never really do it on dry hair because it’s easier to do on damp hair! When it’s dry the hair is going all directions when your trying to section, when the hair is damp you have a cleaner section which allows minimum mistakes!

Latest posts

Back