Root stretch/smudge help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking for advice for techniques on this one. my lady has a base 6, 90 %grey round hairline, 20%everwhere else, faded 7/7on mle. My plan was half 6,half 7/0 on hairline with 6%, zigzag sections then combed down to mids and freehand balayage the mid length and ends, just worried about spotting from product and warmth. Any advice would be appreciated. I want to try and lift the balayage to atleast a 9.
Screenshot_20191017_215856.jpeg

If you're wanting to achieve a 9 via balayage I'd be laying foil or cling film over each section to incubate the product.

What product are you using for the balayage?

Also, if you balayage over wet colour you won't get as good a lift as the dry hair, but that may help with the gradient!

I was going to use bleach and 6% salon services own brand lightner 1.2

I was going to use bleach and 6% salon services own brand lightner 1.2
If I were you I'd probably try a more premium bleach as you'll get better performance.

As @cassies97 says, use premium brand bleach and matching developers.
I learnt this back in college when some students bought Sally’s own brand products and we compared results using different brands.

The premium brands like BlondMe are so much better, less likely to cause irritation and much more consistent in performance.

I can try blond me, do you think my technique will be suitable?

I've tried BlondMe and Wella Blondor, as well as their freelights, all of which totally outperform sally's bleach. So any of them would be suitable...

I like Blondor as an all purpose, freelights for balayage but regular blondor is good enough too and BlondMe when someone has quite stubborn or dark hair.

Thankyou [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back