Roots have turned yellow!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Ive just had them done and ive always had platifizz-30vol (what ive had for years and its been fine b4 anyone says about 20vol lol) but its gone a but yellow!!! Was on for 45mins same as usual. Now im left banded!! Gonna leave it tmoz but what should i put on it on thurs, lift it a bit more or just tone? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407266441.976672.jpg i know its not terrible but my hairs normally white and got a wedding on fri! I would say its coz im pregnant but its been fine all the way through x

It's because you are pregnant! X

No its been fine all the way through ?? Ive been having roots done every 3/4 weeks and its never done this x

You said about luo on another thread use it with the correct developer it will lift it a shade then tone x

And I would blame it on hormones aswell haha x

Is it all the roots or the mid-band? If you added more developer than usual it would have lifted slower as well?

Its the 4 week root! Ive not put a toner on it im gonna leave it till thursday, what shall i doooooooooooo lol xx

Good idea to wait a couple of days, just reapply with 20 vol, it probably just needs more time.

Ye ill do it thurs evening for wedding on fri. It could just be hormones i guess lol. So if i reapply platifizz with 20vol adam that will be ok? Nightmare ha x

Yeah but of course you would have to be really careful not to overlap, don't blame me if you break your hair off! :o

Haha im sure it will be fine! ;-)

Maybe you need some olaplex :p

Haha if i understood what it did i would lol x

When I was colouring my cousins hair when she was pregnant it went like this on one occasion, never had a problem the whole time she was pregnant then when she was about 38 weeks I did it and it turned out like this so I put it down to her hormones been all over the place with being stressed and the labour being so near, she was sweating a lot more than usual just basically at the fed up stage, coloured her hair after baby and was back to normal xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407312112.705324.jpg it looks worse in the daylight arghhhhh!!!

Adam so you think platifizz-20vol will clean it up for me? Wont be doing it till tmoz anyway. Cant go to a wedding like this lol z

View attachment 72105 it looks worse in the daylight arghhhhh!!!

Adam so you think platifizz-20vol will clean it up for me? Wont be doing it till tmoz anyway. Cant go to a wedding like this lol z

I hate it when this happens!
Mine usually lifts to white with 20 vol but about 2 months ago my hair lifted to a yellow so I just reapplied with 10vol and it was white within 10 mins x

Update!!!!

Left it a week and applied luo po1 on roots for 10mins then midlengths for 10 and this is the result!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408120554.966916.jpg

So much better and no yellow!! Yayyy

9.1 and 10vol works for me...lovely clean blonde

Latest posts

Back