Roots too light

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautiqueHair

Reaction score
Just need a bit of direction if possible. Full head NXT colour 5/75 on a new client, she had about half an inch re growth, rest of hair was same shade as 5/75. Roots applied first, then just refreshed mid lengths and NSA. She emailed me yesterday just to say her roots have gone light compared to the rest of her hair. 5/75 has now gone very warm and red on her roots, rest is still a lovely burgundy shade. She asked if she could put a darker home dye on herself. I have offered to go round and re do her roots for free if she isn't happy. Can anyone suggest the best option? I have used 5/75 with a little bit of 1/0 before. But, her hair isn't as dark on the mid lengths and ends as my previous client. She said she loves the colour on the mid lengths and ends. Just roots have grabbed too much. Thank you

Just need a bit of direction if possible. Full head NXT colour 5/75 on a new client, she had about half an inch re growth, rest of hair was same shade as 5/75. Roots applied first, then just refreshed mid lengths and NSA. She emailed me yesterday just to say her roots have gone light compared to the rest of her hair. 5/75 has now gone very warm and red on her roots, rest is still a lovely burgundy shade. She asked if she could put a darker home dye on herself. I have offered to go round and re do her roots for free if she isn't happy. Can anyone suggest the best option? I have used 5/75 with a little bit of 1/0 before. But, her hair isn't as dark on the mid lengths and ends as my previous client. She said she loves the colour on the mid lengths and ends. Just roots have grabbed too much. Thank you

Does she have a % of white hair as it sounds like that's your problem if so.
If she does then go with your manufacturers instructions for coverage of resistant white hair. I wouldn't have said mixing 1 would be a good idea but then I don't use nxt lol

No white hair at all. She's only early 20s. That's what I wondered too, but it couldnt have been. X

No white hair at all. She's only early 20s. That's what I wondered too, but it couldnt have been. X

oh thats strange, whats her natural colour?

i dont really know much about nxt i'm afraid, id probably give their technical helpline a call and see if they can give you a suggestion?

I would add just a little 5.0 mixed with the 5.75.

Hi, this happened to me once when using wella. I wasn't and still unsure why it happened but I recoloured with a base colour in with the target shade and used 10vol not 20vol (that may have been the problem)

Latest posts

Back