Rosacea - Can't even have trust in Dermatologist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about trying jojoba oil. It makes a fabulous cleanser & light moisturiser. There is nothing in there to irritate your skin. Do you use it to make your cuticle oil?

Other then that I would suggest ringing some big name companies such as Dermalogica/Nimue and speak to them & get some samples. Also some of the aromatherapy based ranges are wonderful, no irritants and usually cheaper.

I understand your frustration at the doctors, but personally I never hold alot of faith in them when it comes to this that concern looks.

I just had to reply to this post as my aunt also suffers with rosacea and i've been looking into it for a while to try and help her.

I would suggest whatever you do quit using soap!! Soap will strip every bit of moisture out of your skin and destroy your skins natural barrier protection. You need to treat your skin with care as it is likley to be very sensitive. You'll need a gentle cleanser, moisturiser and a very gentle exfoliator. I'd suggest using Dermologica Barrier Repair, use one tube and then switch to skin smoothing cream this will repair your skins barrier and protect your skin from further sensitivity. They do a fab Ultracalming cleanser which you can tissue of or wash off with water if you prefer. Also a fairly new product they have launched is sheer tint moisture redness relief which will soothe the redness in your skin and give you an SPF 15.

Have a look at their website there is a lot of info on there.

Hope that helps xx

I'm surprised your dermatologist hasn't recommended Aqueous Cream, it's their favourite thing. You can use it to both cleanse and moisturise.

Don't use soap or facial wash on your face. As a rule, don't touch anything containing sodium lauryl sulfate.

How often do you cleanse your skin? If it's more than twice a day, it'll be real peed off skin, if it's twice a day, cut down to once a day.

The only products I'll put on my facial skin are Eve Lom cleanser/rescue mask/TLC cream/eye cream and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I'll occasionally use Simple Cleanser, which my skin doesn't mind at all. I use lots and lots of water to splash my face with - it is the best emollient for your skin, it's only downside is that it evaporates so rapidly which is why you have to lock it in with oil or moisturiser. There is no point putting moisturiser/oil on bone dry skin.

Your skin is an organ, a living part of your body, it is totally capable of taking care of itself and the less you fiddle with it the better. The only reason we do have to fiddle with skin so much is because we started fiddling with it in our teens, and once you start fiddling, your skin looks awful if you don't fiddle! Hope that makes sense.

Hiya,
I have extremely sensitive skin and I find using Dermologica products the best for me. I do not use any other products on my skin and what a difference. I also have a full one hour facial every month at a salon, and use dermologica microfoliant everyday to keep the skin smooth and less congested.
I do not use any bath oils etc either as my skin just breaks out and I get a horrible red rash.
Hope this helps.xxx

Latest posts

Back