Rubber gel base coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chery19

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be talking about rubber gel...… Im trying to find out more information.

I understand it is for brittle nails or nails that peel. Is it something you use as a base coat for every application?

I saw someone saying they buff off the top and colour coats but leave the base and just reapply colour and top coat to eliminate the actual soaking everytime which is what is causing the nails to become brittle.

Any advice would be great x

I'm guessing you're referring to The Gel Bottle brand base coat?

You would be better sticking within one brand for a total system. They are designed to work together. Mixing and matching can cause issues

I'm guessing you're referring to The Gel Bottle brand base coat?

You would be better sticking within one brand for a total system. They are designed to work together. Mixing and matching can cause issues

Yes I use bluesky and I'm sure they have one of their own. Im just looking for advice and recommendations

I believe you’re referring to The Gel Bottle’s ‘build in a bottle’. It’s a thick consistency that adds extra strength to weak nails, you can make enhancements with it instead of acrylic aswell. You can apply colour over the top and as you mentioned, buff off, infill and put a different colour over the top to eliminate removal.

The rubber base coat is purely a base coat designed for ‘problem’ nails that you apply like any other gel polish base coat, and soak off to do a fresh set of nails.

I agree with MollyMooX, it sounds like Builder in a Bottle (BIAB). It's a really great product.

I’ve seen rubber base also being infilled.

What do guys suggest is the best to use for damage difficult nails. Or even dehydrated nails?

Ink london do a rubber base called flubber. I have this on my nails and infill them instead of soaking off as my nails are now quite long. I build an apex with it also

The Gel Bottle do Rubber Base and Rubber Top, which is different to their Builder in a Bottle (BIAB). It is good for weaker, damaged nails, but it is a base coat rather than a builder. I haven't ever tried infilling it because I use BIAB to do that. BIAB is excellent as an overlay on natural nails, over tips and for sculpting (medium length nails). Although it can be soaked off it infills beautifully and there is rarely any Lifting, even after several weeks.

As mentioned above, INK London's version is called Flubber (Fluid Rubber) and they also do Cover Flubber and Flubber Top. It is an extra strong base coat. You can also create a small extension of a few mm length with the Flubbers and also use Cover Flubber more like an overlay on natural nails. (It wouldn't really be strong enough to support tips though).

The Gel Bottle do Rubber Base and Rubber Top, which is different to their Builder in a Bottle (BIAB). It is good for weaker, damaged nails, but it is a base coat rather than a builder. I haven't ever tried infilling it because I use BIAB to do that. BIAB is excellent as an overlay on natural nails, over tips and for sculpting (medium length nails). Although it can be soaked off it infills beautifully and there is rarely any Lifting, even after several weeks.

As mentioned above, INK London's version is called Flubber (Fluid Rubber) and they also do Cover Flubber and Flubber Top. It is an extra strong base coat. You can also create a small extension of a few mm length with the Flubbers and also use Cover Flubber more like an overlay on natural nails. (It wouldn't really be strong enough to support tips though).
This is great! Then you I will get online and make some orders

Ink london do a rubber base called flubber. I have this on my nails and infill them instead of soaking off as my nails are now quite long. I build an apex with it also
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back