Rubbish job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne1989

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm in a rubbish situation. I left my old job as a senior therapist to go to another hotel as a spa therapist. Since I've been there I've had NO contract. They're cutting my hours here there and everywhere and I'm working all weekend every weekend. This is ruining my life! I have no social life what so ever. When I get home me and my partner have dinner, watch TV for an hour or so then go to bed. So it's ruining my relationship too as we never get to spend a day together at all. It's having a massive impact on my life. All my friends are going out on the weekends whereas I'm tucked up in bed by 10pm as I'm working the next day.

I need to say something but I don't know what to say or how to say it. I'm no good at this type of thing. Ideally I'd like to tell them I'm only doing a couple of weekends in a month and as I've not signed a contract I don't HAVE to do them. Can I do this? My job description when I applied for the job says 'some late nights and weekends' not every single one! I'm getting so upset about it. Someone help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you should have a written contract but from what you've said, you haven't been there long enough to have any job security. Unfortunately, this means you're in a vulnerable position regarding re-negotiating your terms.

You need to weigh up the pros and cons of the job as it currently stands and decide what are you prepared to accept and are you willing to walk away?

I'm sorry the job's not what you were expecting. Unfortunately, that's what it's like working in a hotel spa. I spent 8 years working in various hotels and I now work in a salon because the hours are more convenient.

Can you see if you can get your old job back? I've taken a good therapist back after she made a similar move

Latest posts

Back