Ruby Slippers question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ's World of Beauty

Reaction score
One of my customers is desperate to have 'Ruby Slipper' nails but the red polymer glitter is sold out!! Is there anything else i can use instead??? I have got the other colours.

Also I have another question :o i have done dark 'pinky purple' tips on a few clients. It is Quartz crystal and twilight powder mixed together, they look gorgeous when freshly applied, but when they return for their rebalance the clolour has started to go quite wishy washy as though the twilight colour is taking over :evil: I always seal with clear powder so I would love for someone to try and explain why this happens.

Thanks, Mel xx

Hi ya babe, you can use very fine red glitter dust........... Creative, Millenium, K-Sa-Ra etc.

Ok if the glitter mix looks fab when they leave then your application is correct........
Did they dull and does the glitter come back to live if you buff or clear coat it ???? Two weeks of wear and tear on the nails can dull the shine...........
Sometimes the finish gets scratched and dulls the glitter.................
If not recalibrate your ratio and add just a little more glitter..............
HTH

Thanks Ruth,

Do you mean nail art glitter dust to use instead of the red polymer glitter?

The coloured arylics that lose their colour:, its as though they have been faded by the sun! It has happened on 4 different clients now, but only with that mix (Quartz crystal and Twilight), all the other colours i have used have been fine. Its like the twilight glitter is dulling the other colour!?!
Really confused, it doesnt brighten back up when buffed. I'd post a pic but havent quite figured out how to do it :rolleyes:
Thanks for your advice hun,

Mel xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back