Rude clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelseywelseyx

Reaction score
I'm really not the type of person who is ever rude or nasty! But recently I've had so many rude clients it's getting disheartening :( I work in a really really busy salon with a very tight schedule so every client has to make an appointment to get in, recently I've had ladies ring up/ walk in the salon and demand an appointment on the spot, when I politely tell them were unable to do them as we have clients booked in weeks ahead! We offer appointments to them and they rudely storm off or even say rude remarks ( I've even had one lady shout at me telling me I don't want to do her acrylics - at 4.45 when we close at 5- because she's a gypsy! I would never ever disgrace against some body like that)!! I had another lady in for a pedi cure and asked her to prop her leg up onto my lap while I polished her nails (she was more than able and comfortable to do so, she was only young) and demanded that I sit on the floor because she thinks its more pampering for her!!!! Grr, and then... I had a lady walk in and ask us to soak off her 'Russian shellac' ( luckily my client cancelled so I agreed to do her) as I put her fingers in soak she was telling me how her usual beautition gets her shellac off the Internet from Russia (I figured it wasn't shellac so gently buffed of the shiney layer so it would soak better) and she got so offended when I said it could be fake, when I took her fingers out of soak 15 mind later it wouldn't budge and she told me she usually files it off with a really strong grit file! And I refused to file it on her natural nail so soaked it longer and very gently buffed it off but mainly used an orange wood stick. Here nails were in such bad condition and she started saying they looked disgusting and dry (she hadn't let me oil them first!) and so I told her her current beautition was damaging her nails that's why they are like so, then she refused to pay for her soak off so I had to get my boss and the lady was ad nice as pie to my boss!! I was so frustrated and my boss explained to her the exact ad I did and she was all goody two shoes!!
It's so disheartening when you bend over backwards for people and they can be so rude! I'm too polite so people take the mick :( grrr rant over!

i'm currently making aftercare cards.... i'm peeved when clients turn round and say i didnt know to do that when u KNOW you told them on their last appointment... ie. use solar oil on their nails, then they wonder how they damaged them... drives me nuts... thankfully the good clients outway the bad... chin up xx

i'm currently making aftercare cards.... i'm peeved when clients turn round and say i didnt know to do that when u KNOW you told them on their last appointment... ie. use solar oil on their nails, then they wonder how they damaged them... drives me nuts... thankfully the good clients outway the bad... chin up xx

Yeah your right, the good clients deffo outway the bad! Thanks xx

Some people are just hard to please, or won't let you please them. Take them with a grain of salt, and just do what you gotta do to the best of your ability. Every finger and toe you touch is experience under your belt. You know you're handling things the best you can, and some of the things these people are giving you lip about are things you can't help. I could write a book with some of the things that have been said to me through the years. Some of them bug me all day. But I just leave it at the door when I get home and forget all about it. It's wasted energy to think about those people when the amount of people who do appreciate me is bigger. :hug:

Iv had so many rude clients and each one tends to out do the last you cant let it get to you or you would pull your hair out!

Yep, as Lynne has said, this is the service industry and sadly, it's all part of it.
This is not nail related but I renewed all my insurance policies with a new company 2 nights ago, the lady on the phone had only been doing the job for 2 weeks, she was a lovely lady and was so helpful and nice.
While we were talking, she told me how she was thinking about putting in her notice already due to one customer who had abused her so badly the day before, she didn't think she was cut out for the job. Apparently this guy rang up for an insurance quote, so of course she must ask a pile of questions, this customer started to abuse her for the amount of questions she was asking and he eventually told her to F off and called her the C word and she burst into tears but had to endure it because rules say that she can't terminate the call no matter what.
The good news is, we (her, my husband and I) spent nearly 3.5 hrs on the phone getting quotes for 7 different policies and we got on so well with her she announced at the end that cause we were so nice and understanding, we had changed her mind and she would stay on cause she knew she needed the job but just couldn't stand the thought of bad customers but knowing there are nice people out there like us, changed her mind.
In fact she was so nice, we have written a letter to HQ informing them how great she was.

So, just try not to let the bad ones get to you, let the good ones be the ones you remember and talk about and if you do get a bad client, be extra nice and this annoys the hell out of them but makes you feel good because you have not lowered yourself to their level in any way.
The good always outweighs the bad, just remember this little ditto when you have a bad client sitting in front of you and I'm sure it will help keep your faith in humanity:)

Some people are lovely and some people are beyond rude and nasty. I have been called a f*****g b***h in my other job for putting in boundaries and it hurts because we are human beings.

Try not to take it to heart, as it says more about that person than it does about you. Try to remain professional and unnerved at the time, but let off some steam before you go home so you can leave it at work. This sort of thing should never be allowed to build up to end up dragging you down.

Latest posts

Back