Rude clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
Hello so I’ve started in a salon in the “posher” part of my area and I had a really angry, bossy client today. She was saying I was not soaking off her gels like the woman who normally does them (I soak the cotton pad in acetone and wrap in tin foil) but she was demanding this wasn’t the way. She said It took too long and was shouting at me. She then proceeded to demand for everything to be done at once (her hands and toes) and she didn’t want to move to the pedicure area on the beauty bed. She was screaming telling us we were lying about the price and she couldn’t use the card machine and was very judgey! How do you deal with people like this? I was firm with her but tried to stay as professional as possible!

Try and get through the service then never book her in again.
Try to not let this cow get to you. I know its extremely difficult but have faith its HER, not you.
Try to put it in the past. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Try and get through the service then never book her in again.
Try to not let this cow get to you. I know its extremely difficult but have faith its HER, not you.
Try to put it in the past. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
Thank you. She is known to be a pain to the salon I believe and unfortunately I can’t not book her in again... I guess I’ll have to put up with her. I just don’t really know how to deal with that type of rudeness without being firm, as she’s made juniors cry in the past!

You may never get used to this type of toxic personality but you will become either an expert on dealing with her nastiness or you will choose to suggest she has another technician if she's not entirely happy with your working methods.
Surely your boss if they're doing their job right should be your source of help in dealing with this situation.

Often these vile people are very unhappy sorts and go about their lives in a negative way all me,me,me ! if you could avoid people like her then that would be good for you. Most of us caring therapists are sensitive and someone like that can really upset who you are, but I think with experience you should get better at handling those types.

However look at the nasty piece of work as £ pound signs and only think of the end monetary value.
Speak to others to get things off your chest and Never, ever think it's something that you have done.
Let us know how you go on. Has she re booked by the way ? If she has then you have done a good job!
Did she leave a tip?

You may never get used to this type of toxic personality but you will become either an expert on dealing with her nastiness or you will choose to suggest she has another technician if she's not entirely happy with your working methods.
Surely your boss if they're doing their job right should be your source of help in dealing with this situation.

Often these vile people are very unhappy sorts and go about their lives in a negative way all me,me,me ! if you could avoid people like her then that would be good for you. Most of us caring therapists are sensitive and someone like that can really upset who you are, but I think with experience you should get better at handling those types.

However look at the nasty piece of work as £ pound signs and only think of the end monetary value.
Speak to others to get things off your chest and Never, ever think it's something that you have done.
Let us know how you go on. Has she re booked by the way ? If she has then you have done a good job!
Did she leave a tip?
My boss handled it really well, I got a bit fed up of her moaning so I went and talked to my boss and she came over and sorted it. She seemed to think she had a different type of gel and it was really thick hence why it wasn’t coming off as easily which my boss did say to her. She said people have to be firm with this client or she’ll take advantage of people who work in the salon. She was just a rude client and yes I handled her ok in my eyes but I wasn’t going to be super super nice to someone who was really horrible. I just did what I needed to do. I painted her toes and she told me to stop faffing (prepping the nails) so I did and the result wasn’t as great! She wasn’t putting her toes under the gel lamp so hey ho.. I tried my best! She came to us as her therapist was poorly but she does come in for hair weekly. Thank you.

My boss handled it really well, I got a bit fed up of her moaning so I went and talked to my boss and she came over and sorted it. She seemed to think she had a different type of gel and it was really thick hence why it wasn’t coming off as easily which my boss did say to her. She said people have to be firm with this client or she’ll take advantage of people who work in the salon. She was just a rude client and yes I handled her ok in my eyes but I wasn’t going to be super super nice to someone who was really horrible. I just did what I needed to do. I painted her toes and she told me to stop faffing (prepping the nails) so I did and the result wasn’t as great! She wasn’t putting her toes under the gel lamp so hey ho.. I tried my best! She came to us as her therapist was poorly but she does come in for hair weekly. Thank you.
She didn’t book back in with any of us, no

I used to have a boss who said to always remember the client in paying to look at you, but you're being paid to look at them, so it makes u feel as if you've had the last laugh!....however someone having an off day is different from downright rudeness. You sound like you are an employee, so u did correctly by going to your manager....however, as an owner, I have refused service to a client, as she was very difficult with me, then with a staff member. In my books you are given the chance to redeem yourself....but the same behaviour twice is not tollerated. When she next came in to book, I told her as she was so unhappy on her previous visits, I thought she'd be better looking for someone else, who she would be happier with. I could have lifted her jaw off the floor!🤣 I don't believe either my staff or myself should be abused while trying to provide a service. Having said that.....that's your boss's call, but let's hope thus lady won't be back.

How awful for you . Absolutely your employer should be warning this client that such rude behaviour won’t be tolerated. As an owner I’ve done this twice , as mentioned above the reaction is almost comical, these people are so self absorbed it seems they don't realise the affect their behaviour has on pepole, it’s a shock to them to hear it. One of these clients I spoke to didn’t ever come back , good result ,the other did and still does years later, she behaves impeccably now and it’s all fine. Good luck

I'm professional about it but you're only that rude to me once.
I tolerate a little bit but anymore than that there wont be a chance for it to happen again.
I like a calm relaxing environment for me and other clients and to be fair i put up with far too much rudeness when i was a trainee

Latest posts

Back