Rude competition!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushlonglocks

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got back from working 8am-11pm fitting extensions, checked my facebook page before going to bed and i am absolutely fuming!

Another girl in my area has started fitting extensions and has commented on EVERY post and picture on my page saying she is offering full head micro rings for £80 and has a special offer at £60 for the next 2 weeks (hair included!!!)! How dare she try steal my clients this way!

Luckily, most of my clients know that this is a ridiculous price and will not get the quality of hair i provide. Some of my clients have even commented back to her stating this. Anyway, i deleted all the comments and blocked her to prevent anymore but now ive just been told she is writing bad things on facebook and her 'friends' are badmouthing me by sharing their 'horror stories'!! I have never met the girls involved never mind fitted them extensions!

Sorry for ranting but i can't believe this is happening! Anybody ever had a similar problem or got some advice on how to stop this? My existing clients are great but really dont want to lose any potential new clients!

Thank you!

Wow! She has some nerve! Negative comments will bring negative people! She won't be around long!
Can you contact fb about her comments? I would give that a go.
Good luck!

£80 for a full head of extensions? that wouldnt even cover the cost of hair so what on earth is she using. I'd like to comment on her FB and ask where shes buying such cheap hair from cos clearly im getting ripped off.
Dont let yourself get dragged down though, no slagging matches back and forth etc. Just emphasise your training and qualifications, The quality of hair you use and the feedback youve had. People wont always go to somebody just because theyre cheap.... People want quality and good value

No because i dont have her as a friend on facebook so cant report! Ive blocked her though so she cant write anything else on my page. Im just so in shock at the cheek of her to do this! Plus offer full head hair andfitting for £60!! My hair alone costs way more than this! Im just soooo annoyed, thanks for replying! :)

That is awful

How rude! What a horrible person to do such a thing.

If I was you I'll first keep every bit of information you can (print screen) and write her a letter, something about doing her for slander ( I think that's right)

There will be a geek who will know how to deal with it professionally and correctly ... I think Lynne baker is the geek who's good at this sort of stuff xx

£80 for a full head of extensions? that wouldnt even cover the cost of hair so what on earth is she using. I'd like to comment on her FB and ask where shes buying such cheap hair from cos clearly im getting ripped off.
Dont let yourself get dragged down though, no slagging matches back and forth etc. Just emphasise your training and qualifications, The quality of hair you use and the feedback youve had. People wont always go to somebody just because theyre cheap.... People want quality and good value

Yeah true, ive not responded at all, not gonna lower myself! And apparently shes doing a special offer at £60! She must collect it from hairbrushes. Ive just looked at her page though and she also offers to colour hair for £10 if you supply your own dye... Ive yet to come across a hairdresser that would actually do this :/

That is awful

How rude! What a horrible person to do such a thing.

If I was you I'll first keep every bit of information you can (print screen) and write her a letter, something about doing her for slander ( I think that's right)

There will be a geek who will know how to deal with it professionally and correctly ... I think Lynne baker is the geek who's good at this sort of stuff xx

Thank you :) x

Unbelievable :irked: what some people resort to hope she has not harmed ur Business I don't know much about extensions :?: but I do know she is obviously got no passion for what she does by offering crap, what goes around comes around Honey she will get what she is due xx

Wow what a cheeky cow!!

Defo report her to Facebook they will deleteher or ban her...

Keep every copy/picture of what she says or does for your sake but also to dob her in for clearly not being qualified etc...then take a picture of your tv sky time and dateto prove when u took the pics

I'm pretty sure the police will do her for slander, don't hesitate and report her in the morning, especially if others are jumping on the wagon and helping her slag u off for no reason at all.

Hope she goes away for you lol

X

Wow what a cheeky cow!!

Defo report her to Facebook they will deleteher or ban her...

Keep every copy/picture of what she says or does for your sake but also to dob her in for clearly not being qualified etc...then take a picture of your tv sky time and dateto prove when u took the pics

I'm pretty sure the police will do her for slander, don't hesitate and report her in the morning, especially if others are jumping on the wagon and helping her slag u off for no reason at all.

Hope she goes away for you lol

X

Slander is a civil matter and not a criminal matter, police will laugh you down the phone.

Also this is libel and defamation, not slander. Slander is spoken word, libel is printed or published. Police are not interested unless your safety is compromised, so I'd advise you to speak to a solicitor!

Xx

Last edited:
Also, girls that are wanting cheap tat? You wouldn't want that kind of customer anyway! Stick to girls with class and not gadgies! (Scottish word meaning chavvy people lol)

Thanks for the support everyone! And im not fussed about 'cheap customers' wanting crap hair... They are more than welcome to visit her. Im more concerned about the badmouthing and horror stories... This could put off potential clients who are wanting to pay for quality and make them go elsewhere! Word of mouth is the biggest seller in this business and dont want some petty girl ruining my hard work! X

That is shocking and must be so upsetting for you! No professional Hair Extension Technician could charge that pathetic amount of money as we all know! Reporting her, solicitors etc..... i think thats a total waste of time u wont get anywhere and noone would be interested anyway and i'm sure u dont want to go down that route, but are just angry and upset that she could do this and rightly so!!! What a nerve though to even step onto your ground and try poach clients, she obviously doesnt have a client base herself!!! What i would want to do to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Lushlonglocks about word of mouth but as said above any dafty that would consider her is not someone worth bothering about :::mad: and your work will speak for itself though I feel ur pain about the word of mouth bitch maybe post something on FB to express your unhappiness about her being nasty just something in your defence not slagging her as she clearly is not even worth it :|

Cannot believe £10 for hair colour cricket that says it all :rolleyes::zzz::rolleyes:

Sorry about spelling meant to say Crikey not cricket
predictive text lol x

Re-read the first line of your post. You worked 8am to 11pm.
This girl will not hurt you or your business. Not everyone wants cheap amateur rubbish. Not everyone hunts round facebook for the cheapest deal.
If you are that busy, and have access to that amount of existing extension clients, this dopey girl aint gonna get a look in. People stick with what they know and trust.

I had a client start doing hair ext some years ago, approached some of my clients at the local gym. Tried to undercut me (not hard as I'm pretty expensive). You know what? I didnt lose a single client. They were happy with me, and scared to go to a new non hairdresser extensionist. The money didnt come into it, and she was about 150 cheaper than me for install alone.

So have faith in yourself, and your clients. Cheap aint always the story!

Also, girls that are wanting cheap tat? You wouldn't want that kind of customer anyway! Stick to girls with class and not gadgies! (Scottish word meaning chavvy people lol)

Can I steal the word gadgies?! I hate gadgies haha :D

You get these people all the time, spray tans for £7 nails for £10 and in your case hair for nothing. She won't last, and then another one will come along. She's not trained nor will she be using good stuff so the people who go to her wont go back.

Hopefully it was a one off and she hasn't wrote anything else, but if she does keep proof.

Some people do have a nerve I had a girl comment on one of my pictures on fb advertising herself I deleted her comment and sent her a MSG asking her to refrain from advertising on my business fb and basically told her to do her own. Some people! Thing is they wouldn't say nothing to ur face they get brave behind a computer screen! If ur confident in what u do ignore these small minded individuals who struggle to drum up their own business and try to tap on other ppls success

it never ceases to maze me how horrible some ppl are!! as said before if you are that busy do not worry but keep proof just in case you need it!!

and well done for being so busy xxx

Latest posts

Back