Rudest thing a client has ever said to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_princess

Reaction score
For me it has to be when client sat down and I grabbed my tools out of barbicide and gone and sat down in front of her ready to begin treatment

Client: "*points to tools with dirty fingernails* make sure you've cleaned those"
Me: "They've been soaking in steriliser for an hour...."
Client: "Okay good because I've read salons are very filthy and dangerous"
Me: ............

(If she wasn't a paying client I would have had the balls to asked her why she walked into the salon)

I had a client take make up brushes from me while I was doing her make up and started going at her make up herself in the middle of me trying to finish it!

Client:
*looks at my almond shaped nails*
"I think 'pointy' nails are awful looking...I much prefer mine square"

Grr we all have our own personal preferences but don't slate other peoples...to their face!!

For me it has to be when client sat down and I grabbed my tools out of barbicide and gone and sat down in front of her ready to begin treatment

Client: "*points to tools with dirty fingernails* make sure you've cleaned those"
Me: "They've been soaking in steriliser for an hour...."
Client: "Okay good because I've read salons are very filthy and dangerous"
Me: ............

(If she wasn't a paying client I would have had the balls to asked her why she walked into the salon)
This is where you kill them with technical stuff. "Other salons may be filthy but here, i pride myself on disinfecting/sanitizing everything to hospital grade standards using blah blah which kills everything including xyz.i hope you feel more assured now that you are in good hands."

A client said in front of other clients when i was explaining to her the benefits of a particular skin care product-
"Dont sit there and tell me shit about products just so i buy it. You bitches all look young because you fill your faces with botox, its not these products that do it"
I said ever so politely -
"You came in here for me to help you. Im helping you by explaining to you what the ingredients of these products will do to benefit you. Honestly, it doesnt bother me if you buy the serum or not. You're the one bothered by your skin. Im not bothered by my skin because i use these products. As for your botox remark, yes ive used it many years ago just to try it out but i cant speak for the other ladies here. Although i shouldnt feel the need to justify myself to you, i will take your insult as a compliment because yeah, i look younger than most for my age and its because i take care of my skin. If you followed my advice you could have younger looking skin too "
She stormed out of the shop but returned the next day and purchased the serum hahaha

Being told I'm pregnant !! And then standing back in shock when I said I'm not! Then going on to tell me I'm getting plump!! Don't u just love them!

Mine was...
Client: "I am going to a wedding next Sat so I will need to book my nails in for the Friday"
Me: "I am ever so sorry however I am on holiday as of tomorrow for two weeks" (I had posted and text all clients informing them of this way ahead)
Client: looking very angry and disgusted..."How can you afford a holiday you just do beauty?"

I couldnt be bothered to explain this was my side business that actually earns me so much I was able to pay for my holiday outright in one go and that I also have another well paying full time job in London that isn't "beauty". I see it as a compliment that she loves how i do her nails that she was upset i was going away. Well i told myself that so I wouldn't snap :)

Mine was...
Client: "I am going to a wedding next Sat so I will need to book my nails in for the Friday"
Me: "I am ever so sorry however I am on holiday as of tomorrow for two weeks" (I had posted and text all clients informing them of this way ahead)
Client: looking very angry and disgusted..."How can you afford a holiday you just do beauty?"

I couldnt be bothered to explain this was my side business that actually earns me so much I was able to pay for my holiday outright in one go and that I also have another well paying full time job in London that isn't "beauty". I see it as a compliment that she loves how i do her nails that she was upset i was going away. Well i told myself that so I wouldn't snap :)

That is actually unbelievable! How dare somebody question how you afford a holiday?!

Saying hello to a customer and asking she wa having a nice day which she replied no because she'd been waiting ten minutes (she was 15 min early!!!!) the customer was then demanding to know if I was qualified, where I trained, how long is been doing eyebrow waxing and that I better not 'fuck it up or else' [emoji35] then kicking off because she couldn't get them tinted because she never had a skin test when told to and giving the whole 'I've had them tinted at xyz places blah blah blah this is ridiculous la la I'm a nasty cow.
What a horrible woman [emoji27]

Saying it's a 'side line' is slightly offence, as it gives the impression its a job you cannot make a decent living from!

Saying it's a 'side line' is slightly offence, as it gives the impression its a job you cannot make a decent living from!

I never said it was a "side line" i stated it was my side business. I never said you could not make money from this i just do this part time on the side. hardly see how that could be offensive at all

Many well paid people and even celebs have a side business (I.e property developing). It just means its not their main job, nothing to do with income!!

Many well paid people and even celebs have a side business (I.e property developing). It just means its not their main job, nothing to do with income!!

Exactly SiennaKate. Thank you.

I do find on here a lot of "professionals" will find any excuse on here to shoot someone down which is ever so unprofessional! this is meant to be a support forum for help and guidance yet its full of people eager to shoot people down!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had someone come into the salon and say 'aren't beauty people supposed to be like really pretty' I was just like [emoji50]

Exactly SiennaKate. Thank you.

I do find on here a lot of "professionals" will find any excuse on here to shoot someone down which is ever so unprofessional! this is meant to be a support forum for help and guidance yet its full of people eager to shoot people down!

Ouch.....:oops:

One nice lady said 'bet your parents were disappointed that all you wanted be was a hairdresser'
Me: probably but I suppose owning my own business and house helped them get over it
I also get a lot of ' it's a nice little hobby isn't it'
He he got to laugh xx

New client : so how many do you do a week, like, two?

And she wasn't joking and I don't think she meant it as an insult, although I took it as one!

She just thought because I work from home that I hardly have any clients. Whatever!

New client says, " I decided to come to you because you are older than most beauty therapists!!!!' :eek:

Gosh I can't believe what I'm reading. [emoji47] I've never had a rude remark just found that some people can take the mick slightly... For example I had done a full set of gels on a lady the other day only for the her to turn around and say 'sorry I forgot to ask could I have nail art on the ring finger?' [emoji53]Or others asking for late evening appointments ... I think some people tend to forget we have our own lives too and can't run businesses 24/7 [emoji1]I love my job tho and am thankful that I have lots of lovely clients!!! X

Latest posts

Back