Rudest thing a client has ever said to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has me fuming! I can't believe fellow human beings think it's acceptable to speak to others like they do!
I have a client (who is a hairdresser) and her daughter who have lashes with me. They both booked for Xmas eve. I politely called them on 23rd to say just checking you're still ok for your appointment tomorrow? (She doesn't always turn up) to which she replied "yes that's fine the only difference is I'm not coming but my mum is that will be fine won't it."
I did explain well no actually as I've not patch tested her mum and it has to be at least 24hrs before. She said "but she's got lashes on now she wears them ALL THE TIME! I said well I don't infill other people's work so I would have to take them off and do a full set anyway.
She went off to call her mum to see if she could get in for a patch test. I was with a client when she rang me back and I listened to the answerphone message of abuse when I'd finished!
"Look she can't get in for a patch test but I really don't see what the problem is when she has lashes on NOW and has them ALL THE TIME!!! Well if you wanna lose £40 just because of a bloody patch test well thats your fault it's just crazy that you won't do them!!! And I'm really busy with a client but call me back asap and let me know what you're going to do if not I'll just cancel!!
I literally had steam coming out of my ears! -she's a hairdresser, doesn't she patch test? -she understood when she first started coming that she had to have a patch test -if her family member has them All the time why isn't she having them done with her usual tech? -why just assume sending someone else would be fine? Also I rang to gently remind her and be nice and when I couldn't do what she wanted she was suddenly "really busy with a client" but still wanted me to call her back asap?!
Think she's deluded!
I sent the most politest message (didn't want to disturb her with a phone call as she's so busy) just said "hi I can't do lashes without a Patch test because of insurance, did your daughter still want her app?"
She didn't reply until quarter to 8 Xmas eve morning to just put "yep"

So disgusted with the answerphone message her attitude on it absolutely stinks!
Will take me a while to calm down from it [emoji23]

Once a client told me that I was only pretending to be trained. I was fully trained in extentions and doing my apprenticeship.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I had a customer ask me if I was pregnant when I wasn't. The bloody cheek of it!

One client said as I was walking up the stairs in front of her, taking her to the treatment room for nails. "You've gotta back side on ya" I was actually heavily pregnant at the time. My response was, " please don't say that to me thats rude."

Client...... Me and my friend don't normally come to salons like this, we normally go to more up market places. She ended up being a regular customer for 10 years.

Client..... Do you know what your doing ?
Me....... Yes I do, I have been doing nails for 13 years !

Client..... Your going on holiday ?
Me..... Yes I am, really looking forward to it!
Client.... Who's going to do my nails?

Don't you just love them?! Lol

I had a first-client tell me that she would never ever in a million years trust someone doing her lashes who felt the need to have a tattoo as it apparently 'shows no appreciation for your body, which therefore means no appreciation in their work.'
I kid you not these were her exact words. She then proceeded to ask me what my plans were on my day off, too which I replied, 'Iv actually got an 11am appt to finish the new tattoo on my ribs.'
The look of disgust she gave me once the tape was off could have killed! I politely told her that it be best she find a lash technician better suits to her inappropriate harsh words as I did not appreciate it.
So small minded

Not from a client but a 'friend' ( who is a personal trainer)
I said something about being exhausted from working all day
Him: don't you just paint nails?
Me: if I just paint nails you just do star jumps. Work is work!
I can't stand it when people have such a lazy opinion of something they have never done. I'm running my own business, doing a history degree and managing a chronic illness. So yes painting nails is exhausting!
(Rant over [emoji16])

I've been a hairdresser nearly 15 years and I've had loads of rude people! One girl wanted me to take her silver. I bleached it all up first and then a toner went on at the backwash by the junior. She sits back down in my chair (she was originally blonde to begin with) and starts gasping and crying. She's looking round the salon for the juniors who applied the toner to shout at her to see if she put the wrong colour on. I told her to keep calm and let me dry it as colours dry completely different. After I dried it she gave a huge sigh of relief and said 'oh that's just how I wanted it' I could have cried!!!

I've been a hairdresser nearly 15 years and I've had loads of rude people! One girl wanted me to take her silver. I bleached it all up first and then a toner went on at the backwash by the junior. She sits back down in my chair (she was originally blonde to begin with) and starts gasping and crying. She's looking round the salon for the juniors who applied the toner to shout at her to see if she put the wrong colour on. I told her to keep calm and let me dry it as colours dry completely different. After I dried it she gave a huge sigh of relief and said 'oh that's just how I wanted it' I could have cried!!!

Don't they realise when hair is wet there is a second chance to absorb the light thus making it look darker? Haha!

All time fave though when they're at the backwash and say 'hows the colour looking?' 'Well... Wet.'

Don't they realise when hair is wet there is a second chance to absorb the light thus making it look darker? Haha!

All time fave though when they're at the backwash and say 'hows the colour looking?' 'Well... Wet.'

I fricking hate that.

I was commenting to a client how you can't see the true colour til it's dry while I was applying someone's colour. And when it was wet asked how it looked. They weren't even taking the p*ss [emoji52]

I fricking hate that.

I was commenting to a client how you can't see the true colour til it's dry while I was applying someone's colour. And when it was wet asked how it looked. They weren't even taking the p*ss [emoji52]

I always say it looks fab [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Tell them what they want to hear whilst biting your tongue X

I fricking hate that.

Or 'what colour is this gonna go?' Er... Brown p*ss off!

I had a first-client tell me that she would never ever in a million years trust someone doing her lashes who felt the need to have a tattoo as it apparently 'shows no appreciation for your body, which therefore means no appreciation in their work.'
I kid you not these were her exact words. She then proceeded to ask me what my plans were on my day off, too which I replied, 'Iv actually got an 11am appt to finish the new tattoo on my ribs.'
The look of disgust she gave me once the tape was off could have killed! I politely told her that it be best she find a lash technician better suits to her inappropriate harsh words as I did not appreciate it.
So small minded

Haaa what she say to that? X

Massive thread people! I've had a client confront me saying the massage wasn't long enough but luckily my boss and colleagues and myself all knew it was BS.

Generally, I've had more problems with awful and rude management from young "women" still in playground mode in previous jobs than with any clients.

Just randomly remembered one from my ex mother in law: "you don't look the part"

I have a very long standing client who is rude every time I see her, although it's disguised as concern sometimes but still makes me feel rubbish! She's well into her 70's and as she gets older she gets worse. Such as:

You look so tired darling, ooh you doooo look tired (well I was feeling quite refreshed but ...!)

Have you hit your face, your cheeks look swollen (Ffs has my Xmas 3lb gone straight to my face?)

Are you getting your hair cut soon? It's lost that lovely shape (everyone should have a shampoo and set like her)

My poor cleaner struggles with her weight like you do darling (my lady is at least 2 sizes bigger than me)

I always think blonde hair and blue eyes is so attractive (her colouring), it's s shame for you darling (me: dark hair & eyes & olive skin - how rude can this woman get??)

Shall I add that her daughter doesn't speak to her lol

Any tips for dealing? I dread her appointments and what she'll say next!! [emoji33]

I have a very long standing client who is rude every time I see her, although it's disguised as concern sometimes but still makes me feel rubbish! She's well into her 70's and as she gets older she gets worse. Such as:

You look so tired darling, ooh you doooo look tired (well I was feeling quite refreshed but ...!)

Have you hit your face, your cheeks look swollen (Ffs has my Xmas 3lb gone straight to my face?)

Are you getting your hair cut soon? It's lost that lovely shape (everyone should have a shampoo and set like her)

My poor cleaner struggles with her weight like you do darling (my lady is at least 2 sizes bigger than me)

I always think blonde hair and blue eyes is so attractive (her colouring), it's s shame for you darling (me: dark hair & eyes & olive skin - how rude can this woman get??)

Any tips for dealing? I dread her appointments and what she'll say next!! [emoji33]

Oh my god! Get shut of her horrible cow.

Oh my god! Get shut of her horrible cow.

Tbh I wouldn't mind lol but she rebooks before she leaves each time ... If I'm ill and cancel she'll just wait! Plus she's moved 10 miles away and still drives back to me lol

Tbh I wouldn't mind lol but she rebooks before she leaves each time ... If I'm ill and cancel she'll just wait! Plus she's moved 10 miles away and still drives back to me lol

Charge her more haha!

This thread has me fuming! I can't believe fellow human beings think it's acceptable to speak to others like they do!
I have a client (who is a hairdresser) and her daughter who have lashes with me. They both booked for Xmas eve. I politely called them on 23rd to say just checking you're still ok for your appointment tomorrow? (She doesn't always turn up) to which she replied "yes that's fine the only difference is I'm not coming but my mum is that will be fine won't it."
I did explain well no actually as I've not patch tested her mum and it has to be at least 24hrs before. She said "but she's got lashes on now she wears them ALL THE TIME! I said well I don't infill other people's work so I would have to take them off and do a full set anyway.
She went off to call her mum to see if she could get in for a patch test. I was with a client when she rang me back and I listened to the answerphone message of abuse when I'd finished!
"Look she can't get in for a patch test but I really don't see what the problem is when she has lashes on NOW and has them ALL THE TIME!!! Well if you wanna lose £40 just because of a bloody patch test well thats your fault it's just crazy that you won't do them!!! And I'm really busy with a client but call me back asap and let me know what you're going to do if not I'll just cancel!!
I literally had steam coming out of my ears! -she's a hairdresser, doesn't she patch test? -she understood when she first started coming that she had to have a patch test -if her family member has them All the time why isn't she having them done with her usual tech? -why just assume sending someone else would be fine? Also I rang to gently remind her and be nice and when I couldn't do what she wanted she was suddenly "really busy with a client" but still wanted me to call her back asap?!
Think she's deluded!
I sent the most politest message (didn't want to disturb her with a phone call as she's so busy) just said "hi I can't do lashes without a Patch test because of insurance, did your daughter still want her app?"
She didn't reply until quarter to 8 Xmas eve morning to just put "yep"

So disgusted with the answerphone message her attitude on it absolutely stinks!
Will take me a while to calm down from it [emoji23]
Hopefully they cancelled and never come back!!

Have you hit your face???????
Err..whaaaat??????
Some people just like the sounds of their own voice don't they?

I would play her at her own game, if she said to me about blonde hair, blue eyes i would just reply with 'we are getting lots of people booking in to go dark from blonde, sales in contact lenses of dark eye colours have soared and spray tans are at their most popular! Maybe blond hair blue eyes is getting a bit old school don't you think?'

Latest posts

Back