Rudest thing a client has ever said to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a lad come in the other day, he wasnt from my area and he kept shouting "oh my god its rough round here" and going on about how sh*t the area i live in is... i know that probably doesnt sound that rude lol but he was really annoying me!.... acting like in Doncaster where he was from the streets are paved with gold (i have no idea of Doncaster is rough or not).... but yeah... lol

Lol Doncaster is definitely not paved in gold

Omg just read that back and loads of typos! My fat fingers! Ha! X

I have had so many rude clients over the years!

When I was 19 I worked as a make-up artist for leading brand. I had a lady booked in for a lesson and she came in and I did her make up. I addressed her concerns and did my best to make her feel amazing. she was admiring my finished work in the mirror and turned to me and said "I don't know how you got your job with such bad skin! Has anyone else coming out? I bet it puts people off!"

I had cystic acne and was getting treatment. I also took the most on the counter and was good at what I did. My manager at the time took my for a hot chocolate! Ha!

Then a few years later...

Another time I got asked if it made me feel rubbish "working with loads of beautiful girls?! Not that your ugly just that they are stunning!"

Another time I had a lady turn up late for an appointment. She arrived and I started her cleanse. She seemed really tense so was trying to make conversation. I noticed she had a hoody on for the business school at the university I went to and mentioned it. She asked what I'd done and she said "you have 2 degrees and you just work in a shop! Are you not very ambitious?!" I was like "I'm one of the managers, we take over £3m a year and I manage a team of over 20. So what are you doing?" Turns out she couldn't get a job. I said "well if you need a hand with your CV I am more than happy to help!"

Kill them with kindness huh!

Another time a customer was talking about having a boob job. I explained i had had one and had complications so to do her research and gave her some advice on what qualifications to look for in surgeon. She turned to me and said "I'd never have guessed yours are fake! a) they don't look real but really natural! b) you don't look like your the type of girl who would put them to good use!" I just laughed cos it was funny and she said "you should have started with your teeth...you have a crooked tooth! Or maybe have gotten liposuction !"

And the final one...
I have a scar on my neck and was asked what it was from. I explained did had thyroid surgery and she said "aw right! Thought you'd tried to hang yourself and failed! That does explain the weight gain tho. Your getting massive so make sure your not getting lazy as well!"

I did cry after that one! X

These are all vile!

When I was 19 I worked as a make-up artist for leading brand. I had a lady booked in for a lesson and she came in and I did her make up. I addressed her concerns and did my best to make her feel amazing. she was admiring my finished work in the mirror and turned to me and said "I don't know how you got your job with such bad skin! Has anyone else coming out? I bet it puts people off!"

I had cystic acne and was getting treatment. I also took the most on the counter and was good at what I did. My manager at the time took my for a hot chocolate! Ha!

Another time I got asked if it made me feel rubbish "working with loads of beautiful girls?! Not that your ugly just that they are stunning!"

Another time I had a lady turn up late for an appointment. She arrived and I started her cleanse. She seemed really tense so was trying to make conversation. I noticed she had a hoody on for the business school at the university I went to and mentioned it. She asked what I'd done and she said "you have 2 degrees and you just work in a shop! Are you not very ambitious?!" I was like "I'm one of the managers, we take over £3m a year and I manage a team of over 20. So what are you doing?" Turns out she couldn't get a job. I said "well if you need a hand with your CV I am more than happy to help!"

Another time a customer was talking about having a boob job. I explained i had had one and had complications so to do her research and gave her some advice on what qualifications to look for in surgeon. She turned to me and said "I'd never have guessed yours are fake! a) they don't look real but really natural! b) you don't look like your the type of girl who would put them to good use!" I just laughed cos it was funny and she said "you should have started with your teeth...you have a crooked tooth! Or maybe have gotten liposuction !"

And the final one...
I have a scar on my neck and was asked what it was from. I explained did had thyroid surgery and she said "aw right! Thought you'd tried to hang yourself and failed! That does explain the weight gain tho. Your getting massive so make sure your not getting lazy as well!"

Omg that last one, how horrible [emoji45]

And the final one...

So sorry you had to take this!! Hopefully you charged them well for putting up with their comments!

A client said in front of other clients when i was explaining to her the benefits of a particular skin care product-
"Dont sit there and tell me shit about products just so i buy it. You bitches all look young because you fill your faces with botox, its not these products that do it"
I said ever so politely -
"You came in here for me to help you. Im helping you by explaining to you what the ingredients of these products will do to benefit you. Honestly, it doesnt bother me if you buy the serum or not. You're the one bothered by your skin. Im not bothered by my skin because i use these products. As for your botox remark, yes ive used it many years ago just to try it out but i cant speak for the other ladies here. Although i shouldnt feel the need to justify myself to you, i will take your insult as a compliment because yeah, i look younger than most for my age and its because i take care of my skin. If you followed my advice you could have younger looking skin too "
She stormed out of the shop but returned the next day and purchased the serum hahaha
That's funny!

Aw thanks guys! At the time I was gutted but look back now and am just pleased I'm not the person that said it. Imagine living life being that insensitive and vile! X

You poor thing what hideous people xxx

Started working for my boss who took over a failing salon in April.
Every time this one difficult client comes in with her children she is rude! First time, my first day at the salon she was peeved that her usual stylist had left (salon appointment book had NO phone numbers ever!) so we couldn't ring to let her know. Anyway she said how ridiculous it is that she can't find a hairdresser that doesn't go on holiday or leave or have time off, when I introduced my self to say I'd be cutting her sons hair today she said. 'OH NO! No you are not you don't look experienced enough he has a double crown!'
I said 'that's fine if you feel that way I qualified in 2009 so I have quite a few years on the shop floor but if you'd like to wait for someone else I can let the manager know'
'WELL! We'll see how you do!'
Clearly I done well because she rebooked. And I cut the eldest sons hair regularly.
Next time she bought her other younger son in.
'Storms over with her phone, showing me pictures of this so called god awful haircut that I had done previously, looked like was something out of towie, he is my baby boy and you thought THIS was how he should look!?' (He is 9)
'Firstly I understand you didn't like his last hair cut however I have never cut your sons hair.'
'YES YOU HAVE! It was you! In here!'
' look I cut *childs name* but I have never cut *other child's names* hair, it was probably one of the previous stylist.'
'No it was you it was in March I full well remember because you're blonde.'
'But I started in April so it couldn't have been me.'
'Well I can't remember then but they were blonde and it wasn't a cut my baby should have had'
Sighhhhhh here comes the longest consultation ever about a haircut that was technically sound!

Third time it's the daughter
'She has a phobia of hairdressers because you all Seem to think a trim means 5inches!'
'Here's my inch. Shows an inch. And this is what I will take off.'
'Ok can you show *daughters name* the hair you'll be taking off? Because she doesn't trust you.' ( I had to do this with EVERY section!'
Kid was happy. Sure the mum wasn't happy about something.
My boss said next time she is in do not take any rudeness off of her it's not on and we will deal with it.

Today final and last time I hope to see her again.
Daughters booked in so is the youngest son.

Arrives 20 minutes early huff and puffs doing the watch check every few minutes because I'm busy with my client.
Comes to sitting down.
Mum: ' I think we'll sit over here, they're to talkative over there.' Walks over to the end styling unit, points at my colleague who is just chatting as normal.
'No sorry we're having maintenance on that chair my section is over here. Take a seat, what are we doing today another tidy up?'
'NO! I said on the phone it was a proper haircut God don't you listen!'
' I didn't take your phone call sorry, so what are we doing, *feels through the hair and the entire underneath is matted*.
'Yeah she's going to need you to brush it she isn't very good at it, ( she's in secondary school) anyway we have a picture and we need your opinion on if it will work and if it will suit her.'
'Ok no problem Pictures are great *shows me an a symmetric short cut with one ear on show and a swooping fringe* right ok so you want to take a lot off? Have you had your hair short before?'
Mum butts in.
'That's not important this is what she wants will it suit her'
'Sure it will suit her I need to make sure that she understands the daily styling if this haircut that's needed, *turn to the daughter* what's your morning routine with your hair?'
Mum butts in.
'You're not confident. You don't want to do it. I would rather you just say you don't want to do it because you aren't confident enough.'
At this point I'm getting pissed. Belittling me every time when I'm not in anyway not confident I don't appear unconfident in anything and especially not my consultations!
'Look I am perfectly fine with cutting your daughters hair. What I want to happen is for your daughter to love it, and be able to style it her self at home, I don't want her struggling because she cant style it correctly at home and recreate the look that I give her in the salon, so *to the daughter* you have a centre parting right now so you will need to train your hair to sit comfortable in this swooping fringe, are you ok with that in the mornings before school? There's a lot you can do with this style funk it up a bit or wear it Sm.....'
Mum again.
'THATS IT! I'm not having this. You don't want to do it. That's it. We're leaving!'
'Mum what about the other picture!?'
'Nope we're leaving!'
'Mum what about the other hairstyle? She knows what she's doing!? Please!'
I walked off I know I should have but I left her to go to reception and warn my boss.
My boss says what's wrong?
'DOESNT MATTER!!'
Boss says 'yes it does matter can I help?'
'NO!'
'Mum please the other picture!?'
'NO I WONT HAVE HER QUESTIONING YOUR CHOICES!!!'
And that was that.

No idea what her issue is, not sure why she's so rude. All I know is o never gave her a reason to slate me but she treated me like an idiot every time she came in. Good riddance!

Sorry longggggggg post but it's been a long day and I was happy to see this thread [emoji38][emoji38]
Yes good riddance! Poor kids though having her for their mother!

That's what I thought too ... Think the wrong reply was quoted, couldn't poss apply to yours lol

Hmm i hope not[emoji19]

I had a client once in for a pedicure. The fact I have a son came up in conversation. She looked so shocked when she heard I had a little boy and that I'm 22. She actually asked me "oh that's lovely, do you know who the father is?" Do I know who his father is?! I should bloody hope so we have been together for 5 years! Bloody cheek of it! Lol x

I had a client once in for a pedicure. The fact I have a son came up in conversation. She looked so shocked when she heard I had a little boy and that I'm 22. She actually asked me "oh that's lovely, do you know who the father is?" Do I know who his father is?! I should bloody hope so we have been together for 5 years! Bloody cheek of it! Lol x

There are no words.

And the final one...

OMG!!! I wouldn't want to work in that shop due to the evil nasty customers!

Ive had quite a few over the years, You look ill, your too pale, your too tanned. The good old classic "are you qualified"? I never know whether to take that as a compliment, i must be the oldest junior in town or the sh***est experienced person going. I have a 17 year old son, clients often think im a bit younger than i am, someone once said when i said i had a child who was 14 at the time, "does the father know he exists", erm yes as we are married.
Also once had someone tip me 20 pence when i was mobile. She slid the 20 pence across the kitchen table and said there you go thats for your petrol. I slowly slid it back across to her and said what do you think i drive, a push bike, im alright thank you. I still laugh at that to this day

I know I left the industry. But once my boss was on holidays. We had a new stylist who wasnt trained on the phone and myself in the shop. I was managing and was not allowed to leave even for the bathroom. This client turned around to me and demanded I go move her car. I dont drive. She cracked it at me and the salon and asked what she was paying us for. I kindly reminded her we dont need to move cars as its a ticketed area. Eventually I had to explain to the stylist how to take a phone number down as he didnt speak english well. I re ticketed her car... And we both got tipped which never happens in australia, at least not at my old work.

Latest posts

Back