SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelsx

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some advise on how too deal with a bad experience.

So, today I had a client in for a full set of acrylics. I qualified almost 7 weeks ago and my prices reflect this. She is fully aware I am new qualified and why I only charge £15. She agreed this was fine and we booked it in. She arrived today, very lovely, we had a good old chat, had some nice in depth conversations about various things. Said she was really happy the whole way through with the nails. I get to the end of the treatment, nails finished and she says, oh my partner didn’t put enough money in here for me, I’m going too need too go too the cash point too get it over and I will come straight back too give it too you.

She seemed genuine so I was trusting and said this was fine, carried on cleaning up and waited. Left it 20 mins as it’s just next door and went too message her too see if everything was ok. Message wouldn’t go through. Tried again, still wouldn’t go through.. went into her profile and I’d been blocked! Obviously had no intentions of paying me! I then realised she had left her contact number on my booking website so I then texted her a polite but stern messsge that I am upset she lied and did not pay me. I heard nothing back. A little while later I posted on my personal Facebook about what had happened. My husband found her Facebook and messaged her asking why she did what she did and too make payment. This is when things got ridiculous!

She sent him various angry messages saying her nails we’re a mess and she was unhappy with them and they were bruised. Now not once did she state any of this too me and never made an attempt too contact me, instead blocked me when she left “to get the money”. My husband explained that had she informed me whilst there that she was unhappy with the nails, I’d have rectified it, soaked them off, or told her not too worry about the money. As I have only been qualified 7 weeks, she knew they wouldn’t be perfect! She then had a friend message me saying they were a mess and become abusive.

I informed the lady throughout the treatment that if anything is too happen with the nails too let me know and I’d fix them for free as I’m still trying too learn the perfect prep and want them too last and so if they didn’t, I’d re do them. She was fine with this. But is still slating me even though she never even paid! She even said to my husband about trading standards, although I told him too say that’s fine if that’s where she wants too go because I’ve never falsely advertised and she knew I was still practicing. I know there’s not much I can about the money and it isn’t even the money I’m so upset over, it’s the fact she’s been so rude about it, slating my work when she insisted she was so happy with them whilst with me, I didn’t even have too ask her, she just kept saying how lovely they looked. Do you think she’s just saying this too try and remove her conscionce about the fact she left without any plans of paying me? It’s really disheartened me and put me off trying again. I know it’s only one lady but I can’t help but feel upset. I know to never trust anyone again but being only new, I haven’t experienced anything like this before. It’s knocked my confidence massively.

Thanks for reading my huge message lol xx

Attachments

• E1D2A5AB-358D-4DED-82DF-B2673732AF50.jpeg
    E1D2A5AB-358D-4DED-82DF-B2673732AF50.jpeg
    700.9 KB · Views: 280
I attached a picture of her nails in the thread x

There’s lessons to be learned from the situation however there’s not a lot you can do when someone says they don’t have enough money to pay. You’ve just been unlucky.

I’d try to forget about it and move on if you can.

It’s always best to remain professional. Posting on your personal fb and your husband contacting her will only escalate the situation.

It’s one set of nails, you’ll do hundreds if not thousands of sets so try not to let it get to you. And remember if anyone says this again then they can bank transfer it PayPal you at their appointment [emoji6]

Hey! Thank you for your reply.

My husband messaged her for me regarding the money as she blocked me so I couldn’t. I asked her at the time too bank transfer it but she said she didn’t have online banking which I believed as I know many without. It’s a lesson learned and I’ll never trust again but I just feel so disheartened about it all

Definitely lesson learned and unfortunately we always come across the odd horrible client within our industry. Brush it off, your work looks beautiful by the way. I don’t see any faults at all x

Your nails look lovely she was just an ass!

I suspect that she’s deliberately targeting new tech’s who are naive to scammers like her and she’ll do it again to someone else in a couple of weeks, so don’t take it personally.

You could always ask for payment at the start of the service for new clients.

If it happens again, instead of arguing back and forth via text etc. just tell them you’ll be reporting her to the police for theft and then block them. Might make you feel a bit more empowered.

Take money at time of booking

This is my new thing that I am starting this year

Appointment dosnt get booked if money dosnt get transferred into my bank

So when a client messages me saying they want to book at day time we set it all up then I send them this as a confimation

Your appointment will be booked on x date and x time once the payment of £x for the treatment is paid.
As a business I take payment before appointments, and all appointments are subject to my cancellation/rescheduling charge that is outlined here :
https://www.flixhairandmakeup.co.uk/cancellation-and-rescheduling.html

That way they pay before booking I don't have any run away clients :) you get good quality clients that way,

I tend to take bookings at that appointment so regulars book their next appointment at their appointment :)

That’s fine when you have built a decent size clientele but the OP is just starting out and needs to attract new clients.
That is the best time to start it all her new clients will know exactly where to stand with her, she wont get taken advantage of and her prices are low enough for them to be happy with paying at time of booking....

if she does a few models and takes pictures of every clients she can create a free weebly website with a portfolio and Facebook page to show her work,

If the client isn't happy she can redo and is still get paid

I just went on a business course (with the pop up business school highly reccomend!!!) that said start in profit not debt, she can buy materials she needs if she takes payment at time of booking :)

That is the best time to start it all her new clients will know exactly where to stand with her, she wont get taken advantage of and her prices are low enough for them to be happy with paying at time of booking....

if she does a few models and takes pictures of every clients she can create a free weebly website with a portfolio and Facebook page to show her work,

If the client isn't happy she can redo and is still get paid

I just went on a business course (with the pop up business school highly reccomend!!!) that said start in profit not debt, she can buy materials she needs if she takes payment at time of booking :)

I now take a 20% payment at the time of online booking however I’m pretty much fully booked however I agree that this will have an impact on new businesses.

I would be happy to pay a deposit to an established business with lots of great reviews and photos of their work. I personally wouldn’t choose a business if I had to pay all of the treatment cost when booking. This is an option my clients have but it’s not compulsory

Hey! Thank you for your reply.

My husband messaged her for me regarding the money as she blocked me so I couldn’t. I asked her at the time too bank transfer it but she said she didn’t have online banking which I believed as I know many without. It’s a lesson learned and I’ll never trust again but I just feel so disheartened about it all

You will feel this way and I did too with anything that happened. You’ll toughen up and brush these situations off once you’re busy. It’s just a learning curve we’ve all been through.

Just be positive and get more bookings in x

Hi all, looking for some advise on how too deal with a bad experience.

So, today I had a client in for a full set of acrylics. I qualified almost 7 weeks ago and my prices reflect this. She is fully aware I am new qualified and why I only charge £15. She agreed this was fine and we booked it in. She arrived today, very lovely, we had a good old chat, had some nice in depth conversations about various things. Said she was really happy the whole way through with the nails. I get to the end of the treatment, nails finished and she says, oh my partner didn’t put enough money in here for me, I’m going too need too go too the cash point too get it over and I will come straight back too give it too you.

She seemed genuine so I was trusting and said this was fine, carried on cleaning up and waited. Left it 20 mins as it’s just next door and went too message her too see if everything was ok. Message wouldn’t go through. Tried again, still wouldn’t go through.. went into her profile and I’d been blocked! Obviously had no intentions of paying me! I then realised she had left her contact number on my booking website so I then texted her a polite but stern messsge that I am upset she lied and did not pay me. I heard nothing back. A little while later I posted on my personal Facebook about what had happened. My husband found her Facebook and messaged her asking why she did what she did and too make payment. This is when things got ridiculous!

She sent him various angry messages saying her nails we’re a mess and she was unhappy with them and they were bruised. Now not once did she state any of this too me and never made an attempt too contact me, instead blocked me when she left “to get the money”. My husband explained that had she informed me whilst there that she was unhappy with the nails, I’d have rectified it, soaked them off, or told her not too worry about the money. As I have only been qualified 7 weeks, she knew they wouldn’t be perfect! She then had a friend message me saying they were a mess and become abusive.

I informed the lady throughout the treatment that if anything is too happen with the nails too let me know and I’d fix them for free as I’m still trying too learn the perfect prep and want them too last and so if they didn’t, I’d re do them. She was fine with this. But is still slating me even though she never even paid! She even said to my husband about trading standards, although I told him too say that’s fine if that’s where she wants too go because I’ve never falsely advertised and she knew I was still practicing. I know there’s not much I can about the money and it isn’t even the money I’m so upset over, it’s the fact she’s been so rude about it, slating my work when she insisted she was so happy with them whilst with me, I didn’t even have too ask her, she just kept saying how lovely they looked. Do you think she’s just saying this too try and remove her conscionce about the fact she left without any plans of paying me? It’s really disheartened me and put me off trying again. I know it’s only one lady but I can’t help but feel upset. I know to never trust anyone again but being only new, I haven’t experienced anything like this before. It’s knocked my confidence massively.

Thanks for reading my huge message lol xx
I would be happy to send a client out with those nails! They're lovely!....

She was a chancer, and unlucky for you or luckily (depending on your view) you got her this early in your career. I would personally learn from it!

Always get the client to fill in a FULL client card, & if something like this happens again contact the police immediately without trying various times and the back and forth messages.

It's theft. X

Your nails looked lovely I don’t think they were a mess at all, personally I’d call the police anyway, let them contact her this way it might stop her doing it to someone else.

U should charge more than 15 your nails turned out amazing, I know many girls paying close to 50 for nails that look just as good as those

Latest posts

Back