Running a booth rental salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnlatham

Reaction score
I own a booth rental salon and I have 6 chairs and 5 booth renters. I work behind the chair. So we all take turns answering phone with an appt App. Our hours open are Tuesday thru Sat 9 am to 5pm. Myself and one other work these hours consistently. I do allow them to work after hours and Mondays. We accept walkins and callins. The problem is we are short handed during buisness hours because the girls come in late and some leave early because they can make their own schedules. Can I demand them to work within our open hours? I have been left on my own running the shop before and this is not acceptable when running a business! How does your booth rental salon manage these issues?

As they are all self employed, you are not able to demand they stay. You’re only option is to chat to them and explain the issue and try together to ensure cover.

As they are all self employed, you are not able to demand they stay. You’re only option is to chat to them and explain the issue and try together to ensure cover.
The OP is from the US where the rules are pretty much make them up and it's enforceable :)

Latest posts

Back