Running over

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veggie

Reaction score
If despite your best efforts a service winds up running over (say the client had some small bits of acrylic on their nails when they came in for a manicure and you had to spend time removing it before doing the mani) and the next client has to wait ten minutes for you to finish the service, what is the appropriate thng to do? Apologize for the inconvenience of course, but should they be compensated in some way?

Hi Veggie

I alway leave 15 minutes in between appointment for that reason. I'v been caught out many times running over because of doing nail art or fixing a broken nail they forgot to tell me about.

The only thing you can do is say sorry, i have let clients have there nail art free of charge to compensate but that can get expensive!

Hope it helps

Vicky

Hi, have to say i agree with Vicky, you could do free nail art but you will lose out in the end. As long as you apologise to your customer and give a short explanation i'm sure if they value the service you provide they will understand.

Also make sure you give yourself that time in between appointments to allow for any extra unforseen work. I have a client i always have to leave an extra half an hour for! She always breaks some but only ever says one when its three. Best to be safe than sorry. When you get to know your clients it gets easier to allow the right amount of time.

HTH's

Hi

On my aftercare leaflets i have a small note asking clients to ring in advance to notify of more than 1 breakage. I wouldnt inconvenience another client, i would explain to your client that due to ............. you wont be able to polish/nail art or it will only be a short massage ect. That way they will learn that if they want their full treatment to pick up that strange instrument "The Telephone" and call you!! :rolleyes: Clients!! bad as men!! ;)

Cool, thanks. Part of my problem is that I have other people handling the scheduling and even though I've asked for 15 minutes between appointments they don't always do it as a few of them only work early in the AM and never speak to me personally, and in this particular incident the first client was late as well, and the second client booked her appt only an hour and a half prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back