Ruptured hair folicule after waxing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty-lou

Reaction score
ive been trained in waxing for over 6years

Ive had an issue for the first time I did a half leg wax everything sterile gloves etc. roller wax was clean.

I roller waxed the legs some hair didn’t catch so I was taught to pluck the left over hairs so they all grow same time and get them to return 3-4 wells until all grow on the same cycle.

However two days later my client come back with 3 boil looking things in her legs 2 on 1 and 1 on the other.

The doctor says may be from tweezing she had to have antibiotic cream.

Any one had this and any advice please

She didn't go swimming or into spa or something?

She didn't go swimming or into spa or something?
Not that she’s admired to. It’s left a hole in her leg where the folicule would of been

The only time I've seen someone (a work colleague) with folliculitis was when she had her legs waxed, went home and her cat rubbed up against her bare legs.
I think pets and surfaces at home can often transfer germs - even though we apply a good layer of antiseptic cream before they leave the salon!
The other reason can be that clients will pick at spots which transfers bacteria from their hands to the open follicles.

I'm sure it wasn't obtained through any fault of yours or your waxing hygiene so don't take it to heart.

Latest posts

Back