Russian cuticle removal technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_princess

Reaction score
Ive noticed russian nail technicians polishing looks much more neater. Then I noticed there is no tissue around the nail plate so it looks like the colour is literally growing out of the eponychium.
I really love how neat this looks so I googled and found out there is a separate russian cuticle method.... but I couldnt find anything so does anyone know how this technique is done? Its very neat plus theres no cuts or bleeding which means they are very careful. I just wondered how its done

Attachments

• 1444777846304.jpg
    1444777846304.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 526
If there is no tiny, thin margin around the eponychium and side walls your clients will experience over exposure and can develop allergic reactions. I trained with CND and Gel II and have always been taught to leave a very small margin to protect my clients. X

Ive noticed russian nail technicians polishing looks much more neater. Then I noticed there is no tissue around the nail plate so it looks like the colour is literally growing out of the eponychium.
I really love how neat this looks so I googled and found out there is a separate russian cuticle method.... but I couldnt find anything so does anyone know how this technique is done? Its very neat plus theres no cuts or bleeding which means they are very careful. I just wondered how its done

I notice that too, it doesnt look like the colour is touching or has flooded. Their nails are soooo neat

Don't forget there's a chance it could be photoshopped?

the person in that photo just has good cuticles that have completely shrunk back. my cuticles look like this, you can pull the skin right back with your finger when painting and get really really close , then when the shellac is finished you can relax the skin back down , here's a photo of my nails , I had no flooding and it didn't touch any skin [emoji3]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444832290.737246.jpg
I could have got closer if on a client but need both hands to that, you can kinda see the effect from my pinkie [emoji3]

love your nails :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The Russian version is probably not advised tbh - I saw a video of this in my training and they literally cut the eponychium off with small nail scissors. Highly skilled, yes. But safe, I doubt it.
Much better to exercise good cuticle care and achieve this look naturally with the correct products xx

The Russian version is probably not advised tbh - I saw a video of this in my training and they literally cut the eponychium off with small nail scissors. Highly skilled, yes. But safe, I doubt it.
Much better to exercise good cuticle care and achieve this look naturally with the correct products xx

Even using that technique you wouldn't get quite the same effect at the the original picture. When the cuticles are bad they stick more to the nail bed, you need them to be flexible enough to pull back slightly so you can paint and then relax the skin down. To be honest maybe one in a hundred clients look after their fingers this well, its easy for us when we have the oil beside us all day :)

And your right that technique is not advised :) you get a thick yellow skin that builds up, like a callus on your foot, it's a trauma reaction to living tissue being removed. Its much better to oil everyday :)

the person in that photo just has good cuticles that have completely shrunk back. my cuticles look like this, you can pull the skin right back with your finger when painting and get really really close , then when the shellac is finished you can relax the skin back down , here's a photo of my nails , I had no flooding and it didn't touch any skin [emoji3] View attachment 191213 I could have got closer if on a client but need both hands to that, you can kinda see the effect from my pinkie [emoji3]
Love your little nail art, was that free hand?

I'm also superly curious about this. From what I heard they use a cuticle gel that is placed on the cuticle for 10 minutes then is pushed off with a pusher and the results look like the pictures you see.

Your nails are beautiful noreenoconnor! Love the colour combination and design :)

I'm a bit confused because surely we're not supposed to be pushing the eponychium back at all or lifting it unless as a one off. This is what I've been taught from CND one 2 one course in L&P and from Marian Newmans The Complete Nail Tech and from Holly Snippers video on 'The Real Cuticle'. Or am I misunderstanding your comments x

I'm a bit confused because surely we're not supposed to be pushing the eponychium back at all or lifting it unless as a one off. This is what I've been taught from CND one 2 one course in L&P and from Marian Newmans The Complete Nail Tech and from Holly Snippers video on 'The Real Cuticle'. Or am I misunderstanding your comments x

Your not pushing back at the eponychium with a metal tool (which can damage the nail) , your using your fingers at the matrix area to stretch the skin up and out so you can have the maximum area to paint , like holding the sidewalls back to get into the edge of the nail only at the base of the nail [emoji3]

the person in that photo just has good cuticles that have completely shrunk back. my cuticles look like this, you can pull the skin right back with your finger when painting and get really really close , then when the shellac is finished you can relax the skin back down , here's a photo of my nails , I had no flooding and it didn't touch any skin [emoji3] View attachment 191213 I could have got closer if on a client but need both hands to that, you can kinda see the effect from my pinkie [emoji3]
These are so lovely.

Your not pushing back at the eponychium with a metal tool (which can damage the nail) , your using your fingers at the matrix area to stretch the skin up and out so you can have the maximum area to paint , like holding the sidewalls back to get into the edge of the nail only at the base of the nail [emoji3]
Ah ok cool xxx

I do this all time. Still doesn't look like the pic :( did someone mention theres a gel they use? Im curious to try it on myself

I can use my fingers on my matrix area but nothing budges ... I certainly couldn't hold anything back to paint closer, j wonder if it's just how some of us are made?

my cuticles have completely shrunk back, they weren't always like this :)

I'm obsessed about applying solar oil , I use it 3-4 times a day, and can't stand dead tissue around my nails so give a quick run over with a curette once a week in between clients.

it's true some people's skin will naturally be like this with little work , some have to work hard (me!) and some could do all the work in the world and never get them to look like this! depends on the person :)

Latest posts

Back