Russian hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caitlinnxx

Colour technician
Reaction score
Can you colour Russian hair extensions?

I’ve toned some with 9.3 dialight for a couple of minutes to remove the edge of the false ashy tone, but client has rung to say they now look pink?

Usually, when strange colour tinges appear on bleached hair, it’s due to excess minerals in the tap water used for washing or perhaps swimming in a chlorinated pool.

Generally, you shouldn’t colour hair extensions because:

1. Even if it was marketed as virgin human hair, the batches of hair will have come from several different heads so even if you did a test on one piece, you can’t assume the results will be uniform across all batches.
2. The hair will have undergone very strong chemical processes to thoroughly clean and disinfect it and then it’s coated in silicones to make it feel soft.

Usually, when strange colour tinges appear on bleached hair, it’s due to excess minerals in the tap water used for washing or perhaps swimming in a chlorinated pool.

Generally, you shouldn’t colour hair extensions because:

1. Even if it was marketed as virgin human hair, the batches of hair will have come from several different heads so even if you did a test on one piece, you can’t assume the results will be uniform across all batches.
2. The hair will have undergone very strong chemical processes to thoroughly clean and disinfect it and then it’s coated in silicones to make it feel soft.

Thankyou for your reply!

This is exactly what I said to my client but she was adamant she was going to have them coloured, I told her if it didn’t take or fade evenly it’s not my responsibility as I warned her it may happen but she’s complained anyway, I’ve tried to cleanse it out with a deep cleansing shampoo which budged it a little bit.

I just know to not do it again in the future.

Latest posts

Back