Russian manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Czerwien

Reaction score
So. I have been in UK 5 years now. Questions that were sitting in my head for a while:
1. Why so many nail techs in UK disregard sterilisation? Do you use heat steriliser/autoclave. If yes - well done.
2. Why application of material so far from cuticle?
3. Why so much oil on cuticle on pictures?
4. Why nobody does russian/deep manicure? Would you want to leant?

I know there will be loads negative comments about my attitude:) dont care) i need to understand the logic.

Last edited:
My answers :-

1. Yes, I disinfect and sterilise all my tools and every client has their own file, which I sanitise and keep in their own envelope.

2. Products are not supposed to touch the cuticle area. It can cause allergies and also Lifting.

3. I apply cuticle oil after pics (and when nails are cooler).

4. Russian Manicures - have you ever had Cellulitis? Just after I did my e-file training I was practicing on myself and I accidentally took a little more than dead cuticle off one nail on my dominant hand (because I wasn't used to using it). I must have broken the seal from the Proximal Nail Fold very slightly andcdespite sanitising my hands and sterilising my tools I still got Cellulitis, which can be very dangerous. I needed 2 courses of antibiotics to clear it up, so for me a Russian manicure is a big no no as it is removing far more than just the dead cuticle and my "opinion" is based on actual fact as it happened to me. That Proximal Nail Fold serves a very important purpose in protecting us from infection and damage.

My answers :-

1. Yes, I disinfect and sterilise all my tools and every client has their own file, which I sanitise and keep in their own envelope.

2. Products are not supposed to touch the cuticle area. It can cause allergies and also Lifting.

3. I apply cuticle oil after pics (and when nails are cooler).

4. Russian Manicures - have you ever had Cellulitis? Just after I did my e-file training I was practicing on myself and I accidentally took a little more than dead cuticle off one nail on my dominant hand (because I wasn't used to using it). I must have broken the seal from the Proximal Nail Fold very slightly andcdespite sanitising my hands and sterilising my tools I still got Cellulitis, which can be very dangerous. I needed 2 courses of antibiotics to clear it up, so for me a Russian manicure is a big no no as it is removing far more than just the dead cuticle and my "opinion" is based on actual fact as it happened to me. That Proximal Nail Fold serves a very important purpose in protecting us from infection and damage.
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back