Ruth no longer doing websites-recommend anyone else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanilla

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I finally decided to get my website done my Ruth only to
Find out she is taking a break from doing them. I know so many of you lovely geeks on here have amazing website's

Could anyone recommend anyone else just as good as Ruth ??

Thank you

Hiya- as someone who designs sites with Ruth, just wanted to say she's not stopped doing sites completely.

She's been snaffled by the corporate world because she's a flipping genius coder- so she's taking on a limited number of selected projects at the moment, projects that are relatively straightforward (though what's straightforward to her isn't straightforward to most of us! :)

Not true that she's stopped completely though :)

But- there are absolutely alternatives out there! I just don't know any off the top of my head.

Who is Ruth?! I don't need a website now but would be too to know for the future if she starts up again?

Hi

Pm Jack1102. Dave did my website. His other half is in the beauty industry, can't for the life of me remember her geek I'd!

Www.lovenail.info

Hope this helps!

Lilian x

I guess I'd better set the record straight here lol, so you're probably best getting things from the horse's mouth so to speak :)

The situation is that I've recently started a 6-month IT contract, working on the website for a well-known maker of some very sexy cars (that my lovely wife Sonia is especially a fan of). This is a lot more "full-on" than the previous contract work that I was doing - as it's 5 days per week in an office, as opposed to (on average) 3 or 4 days per week - as was the previous contract work that I was on for the past 3 years or so.

This means that I've got quite a bit less time than I previously had for working on websites - and, naturally, I need to make sure that I still have enough time to be able to support my existing clients within a reasonably timely manner.

So I've now decided to compromise; in hindsight, it would be a bit silly to completely stop taking on new websites - so I'm still going to consider taking on new sites, provided that people's requirements and expectations are reasonable, and that people are aware that it may well take me longer than usual to get something up and running.

But the bottom line is that all existing clients will continue to be supported to the best of my ability - and as many new sites as can reasonably be fitted in will be taken on :)

www.peopleperhour.com

This site has freelance web developers on there (amongst others).
You can also advertise for what you want doing and people will then submit their price to do the job. You don't pay until you are satisfied.

I really recommend the site. I've had £000's of work from the site and I have also bought work from other people on there.

Have fun choosing & designing!

My advice would be this - if Ruth can indeed fit in your website then grab the chance! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

np lilian

pmd vanilla

I guess I'd better set the record straight here lol, so you're probably best getting things from the horse's mouth so to speak :)

The situation is that I've recently started a 6-month IT contract, working on the website for a well-known maker of some very sexy cars (that my lovely wife Sonia is especially a fan of). This is a lot more "full-on" than the previous contract work that I was doing - as it's 5 days per week in an office, as opposed to (on average) 3 or 4 days per week - as was the previous contract work that I was on for the past 3 years or so.

This means that I've got quite a bit less time than I previously had for working on websites - and, naturally, I need to make sure that I still have enough time to be able to support my existing clients within a reasonably timely manner.

So I've now decided to compromise; in hindsight, it would be a bit silly to completely stop taking on new websites - so I'm still going to consider taking on new sites, provided that people's requirements and expectations are reasonable, and that people are aware that it may well take me longer than usual to get something up and running.

But the bottom line is that all existing clients will continue to be supported to the best of my ability - and as many new sites as can reasonably be fitted in will be taken on :)

Well I would love one- not for a few months, now I know who ur I will ask you nearer the time and see if u can fit me in then :)

Thinking about it though... I really don't mind at all if people recommend other web designers as well - as, at the end of the day, while a lot of people do like what myself (and Carl) offer, it wouldn't meet every single client's requirements... what we do is best suited to people who use Carl for their logo and print design, have a good idea of what they want from the outset (rather than chopping and changing all the time) and are the sort of people who prefer to manage the content of their websites themselves.

I'll quite happily say that Carl and I tend to focus on the "affordable" end of the market - and, to be honest, that's where we are at our best.

www.peopleperhour.com

This site has freelance web developers on there (amongst others).
You can also advertise for what you want doing and people will then submit their price to do the job. You don't pay until you are satisfied.

I really recommend the site. I've had £000's of work from the site and I have also bought work from other people on there.

Have fun choosing & designing!

Have you had clients book you through peopleperhour for web design?

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Dnx- No, I don't offer web design ( I've done my own) but I do get work for my 'other' business side.

I've bought work from graphic designers on the site and also virtual admin services.
I do know of people on there simply because freelancers often know / use other freelancers.
I think its a brilliant resource- there's something for everyone, websites, business planning, designers, copywriters, translators and there's often unique opportunities eg. MUA needed for event etc.

It allows you to ask people to all send you examples / evidence of their work and so you get to compare numerous people all in one go.

A deposit for any work is held in an Escrow account and so you don't pay until the job is complete and you're happy.

Last edited:
Here's my website www.belle-vie-beauty.co.uk

At the bottom it says who it was made by, very quick service and good price aswell.

I change the content myself.

I already had a logo that Carl from verve did for me.

Jemima :)

personally id wait for a slot from ruth iv had one done in the past and it was fab and got a lot of work from it the web site .... il defo be waiting on for next availability as logo is being designed end of month

Latest posts

Back