S/E stylists now wants 75/25% split not 70/30

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
hi

quaick advice really to see how fair i am about to be..

i have finally found a wonderful stylist, who wants to work in a salon base bla blah blah..

i always said i woudl supply the backwash products, to me (being a non hairdresser) this means, towels, shampoo, conditioners, all hair types etc.. obviousy stylists supplies colours etc..

this is the only stylists at the moment, and wants to keep using her brand of products.. she has all her own equip etc.. i setlled on a 70/30 split in her favour..

she has now asked me if i was still getting products for backwash, if not she will need to get some more.. and can she ask for a 75/25% in that case..

now i havent been out and priced anything up recently, hair studio has sat for so long with no life i was about to sell the lot and convert into a beauty room lol.

do i just say yes thats fine to a 75/25% with them purchasing all their own products including backwash and review if another member comes along.. ??

i am obvioulsy supplying, amenities, electric, towels/laundry, use of reception, use of advertising as they wish and also the lady will need a key as i will not be there during parts of the day at certain times..

many thanks

sarah

I think it all depends upon how much she makes for you.

If it's quite a bit, then losing 5% might not be that bad.

Personally, I'd say no, my salon, I'm the boss, you don't tell me what goes on here..

Then the ball is in her court.

There are other stylists out there just as good.

hi

quaick advice really to see how fair i am about to be..

i have finally found a wonderful stylist, who wants to work in a salon base bla blah blah..

i always said i woudl supply the backwash products, to me (being a non hairdresser) this means, towels, shampoo, conditioners, all hair types etc.. obviousy stylists supplies colours etc..

this is the only stylists at the moment, and wants to keep using her brand of products.. she has all her own equip etc.. i setlled on a 70/30 split in her favour..

she has now asked me if i was still getting products for backwash, if not she will need to get some more.. and can she ask for a 75/25% in that case..

now i havent been out and priced anything up recently, hair studio has sat for so long with no life i was about to sell the lot and convert into a beauty room lol.

do i just say yes thats fine to a 75/25% with them purchasing all their own products including backwash and review if another member comes along.. ??

i am obvioulsy supplying, amenities, electric, towels/laundry, use of reception, use of advertising as they wish and also the lady will need a key as i will not be there during parts of the day at certain times..

many thanks

sarah

I would change the set-up completely and just get her to pay a set amount like a landlord would. If you are only taking 25% are you even covering rent,amenities, electric and lighting?

'S/E stylist wants 75/25% split' .......... I bet she does :lol::lol::lol:
It seems us salon owners aren't allowed to earn ourselves a living at all.....
We just take all the responsibility, dept, worry, stress, for the sheer thrill of it all!
I think 50/50 is fair, 60/40 if they have a proven track record.

RED STAR is right.

50/50 or 60/40 is fairly normal with 70/30 incredibly generous.

I think 75/25 is unrealistic for the Salon Owner.

Tell her to go and get her own salon, then she can have a 100/00 split.

She should consider herself lucky :| I only got 35% as s/e

Latest posts

Back