S/E technicians and salon etiquette re: clientele

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
Hi all back with another quessie to put out of my mind.

So putting myself in place of being a salon owner and also the nail technician in the salon, I have a client base

Add hairdressers probably self employed independants too...they have each got their own clients.

Add maybe 1 or 2 beauticians, again their own clients...

Ok...so if a hair client, has a beauty treatment , then becomes the beauticians client.also has nail treatments by salon (me) and also becomes my client.. Who technically would have that client if say the beautician or a hairdresser leaves and wants to take her client list with her..?..can they request we can't use details etc of their client, even though another proffessional has performed a treatment and has a treatment card ...?

Maybe I am thinking too much but had to get it out of ones head lol...

Any views or experiences would be great....working on my first salon I want to get it right

Thanks

Sarah xx

The answer depends if the staff are employed or self employed.

If the staff are employed the information belongs to the salon and leaving staff have no right to remove client data. If they did, they would probably be committing an offence under the data protection act.

If they the stylist/therapist/tech are self employed, then they are separate businesses under the law and they are responsible for their own client data. If a client sees more than one, then the individual stylist/therapist/tech is responsible for their own data. Therefore if one left, they can take their own client data with them and it doesn't matter if the customer still sees any other stylist/therapist/tech.

In reality, clients are going to decide where they go.

Latest posts

Back