S.O.S Gel & damaged nail advice ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LahNails

Reaction score
:cry:

I need your help geeks !

I have a client who went to a non-certified nail tech to have gel nails applied..

How ever it is unknown if they where l&p or a gel .. Anyways
she wears them thick, long and wide. When i say thick i mean it would be the thickness of probably 1cm, long like 4-5cm.
Since she had this done else where and was having problems with lifting we suggested she take the set off and start fresh with product that we use so we know what is on there.

Here is my issue - this is a very in your face, picky client and I dont want to do anything wrong on her nails. I am a confident nail tech but she thinks other wise but still wants to come see me :irked: When removing her nails, she decided to pull one off which then caused her nail plate to tear and bleed (right in the center of her nail not at the free edge) the rest of her nails are VERY thin and damaged. (we soaked everything off, no harsh buffing or scraping of any kind)
She wants her thick wide and long nails put back on in gel (she knows gel from l&p because she cannot stand the smell of l&p ...) She wants 4 layers of gel on her nails .. Please correct me if im wrong but I dont think they will 1. stay on, 2. her nails are so heavily damaged i can only imagine this will be of no help, 3. the process of putting the nails back on may be painful and 4. there is the potential of a semi-open wounded nail plate from the tearing that should not have anything on it so it can heal !!

She is coming in tomorrow for this- the owner of the salon has said if she puts up a fuss we will have her sign a form saying there is no liability on our end if one shall break or further damage her nails because she is fully aware of what could happen...

Are there any options i can suggest to her instead of nails? Or is time all i can do until they recover. and HOW do i do such thick and long nails in gel and have them stay on ?!

Please Geeks im in dire need - of some advice !

Thanks

Latest posts

Back