Sacked a client today!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn amber

Reaction score
Sacked a potential client today,this person first contacted me in September on Facebook from the start a had a bad feeling about her.

She asked if she could have an appointment I said yes please call to book ,she said I will call you tomorrow ,me please don't call tomorrow as it is my sisters wedding day ,but she calls anyway ,so I book her in on a Saturday for nails and tan ,she wants the Sunday too for hair up ,I say ok because it is for a wedding I don't normally do Sunday ,

anyway the week of her appointments I see on Facebook she has a cold so on the Thursday I remind her of the appointments she has ,she replies on the Friday night that she is not coming ,

a week or so later she wants another Sunday I refuse.

She massaged me at new year wanting colour and extensions I tell her to call and book a consultation ,she does at the end of last week ,she was very indecisive on the phone about what she wants and tells me her last hairdresser is stopping doing hair ,

i book her in on Friday this week ,about an hour before her appointment she call to say her child has had a tooth knocked out at school so she will call me back to let me know if she is going to make it or not ,no phone call ,

so she messages me that night and I book her in for today and guess what NO show so I have sent her a massage saying ,

I regret to inform you I will no longer be able to offer you any future appointment due to time already wasted ,i hope you can understand my decision for a business point of vue ,hope you can find someone to accommodate your needs.

She has not replied , I have worked out she has wasted 3 and 3/4 hours of my time ,

sorry for the rant ,do you think I have been too tough ,just have a sick sense about her ,

thanks for reading and any advice :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I don't blame you and would have done exactly the same thing.

Who wants or needs clients like these?? It's interesting that her hairdresser is no longer prepared to have her as a client.....I imagine she was having the same sort of problems with this person that you were!

One door shuts and another one opens....meaning it's only a matter of time until you gain another client and hopefully a more reliable one!

PB
x

Thanks ,i know I thought the same thing about her last hairdresser and she said that the hairdresser a messed her about lol :-D

Even in these difficult economic times not all business is wanted business.

Defiantly not I give a 2 strike policy after that they are on a walk in policy only no pre booking so if they come in and I have a space they get taken if not them hard lines. It's not fair on clients wanting in either who can't. if your employed you get paid regardless self employed you get nothing they don't seem to get this. You have done the right thing if you didn't you would always hate when she was booked in your diary.

Thanks ladies , I was dreading her from the first time we spoke on the phone ,sometimes you just know that you are not going to get in with someone ,she has still not replied put I know she has seen the massage I also know why she didn't turn up today ,she put a post on Facebook about a hour and a half before her appointment time saying she got a glass in the face last night went out drinking ,she is ok not had to go to hospital or anything,but she could not send me a massage to cancel strange isn't it :-/

Some people eh?
I had one book for my late night by appointment only days (we shut normal unless someone is booked), I waited in the salon for her for 2 hours after normal closing, no show.
We point out that our late nights are when we wait for them and its not normal opening hours to stress that they need to turn up. If they don't that night they don't get seen again unless its normal open hours, a no show in them times they are walk in only.

Think of it as you now have space on your books for a lovely client who will respect you and love what you do and be proud you are their stylist.
Xoxo

Thanks tomme

it feels great when you tell them where to get off though doesnt it? Man i rarely have someone i cant stand, it try to be as positive as i can without hurting someones feelings. But some people are timewasters, difficult, rude, cocky, think they know everything. Ive told my staff, trust your instinct, dont lose your rag, be tactical and always be calm when approched by someone of this calabre. they will at all times mess you about. When you call them out on it, sometimes they stop, otherwise its super weight off your shoulders not having to think you'll have a headache about "the headache"!! xoxo

Sacked a potential client today,this person first contacted me in September on Facebook from the start a had a bad feeling about her.

She asked if she could have an appointment I said yes please call to book ,she said I will call you tomorrow ,me please don't call tomorrow as it is my sisters wedding day ,but she calls anyway ,so I book her in on a Saturday for nails and tan ,she wants the Sunday too for hair up ,I say ok because it is for a wedding I don't normally do Sunday ,

anyway the week of her appointments I see on Facebook she has a cold so on the Thursday I remind her of the appointments she has ,she replies on the Friday night that she is not coming ,

a week or so later she wants another Sunday I refuse.

She massaged me at new year wanting colour and extensions I tell her to call and book a consultation ,she does at the end of last week ,she was very indecisive on the phone about what she wants and tells me her last hairdresser is stopping doing hair ,

i book her in on Friday this week ,about an hour before her appointment she call to say her child has had a tooth knocked out at school so she will call me back to let me know if she is going to make it or not ,no phone call ,

so she messages me that night and I book her in for today and guess what NO show so I have sent her a massage saying ,

I regret to inform you I will no longer be able to offer you any future appointment due to time already wasted ,i hope you can understand my decision for a business point of vue ,hope you can find someone to accommodate your needs.

She has not replied , I have worked out she has wasted 3 and 3/4 hours of my time ,

sorry for the rant ,do you think I have been too tough ,just have a sick sense about her ,

thanks for reading and any advice :-D

Bravo!!! I had one like this a few weeks ago! They are not worth the hassel!!! Good for you!

Good for you, I would have done the same. Isn't it funny how you get these vibes from a client right at the beginning and you're usually right and they turn out to be a right royal pain in the ar5e :rolleyes:

She's costing you more than she'd ever make you . . . . good riddance!

I know ,in way I feel bad ,but she was stressing me out and had not even meet her ,so who know what it would have been like if I had done any services for her ,this the first time in my 15 year career I have had to do this :|

Latest posts

Back