Sacked my second client in 7 years as a nail tech!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Well today my flabber was well and truly gasted. One of my clients visited the salon today and purposely waited til I was working in the treatment room before coming in(she had driven past the salon last night too but didn't come in cos she saw me!). She had the most dreadful complaint head on and was moaning to my colleague because yet again her nails were lifting and this time they had only lasted NINE WEEKS (usually she only goes 7!) since her last appointment - yup last rebalanced on 5 Jan - and this just was not good enough.

Thankfully I had the full support from my colleagues who told her a few facts of life ... and actually said that this confirms what a great tech I am that after 9 weeks they only just starting to lift and with no breaks!

But I said that I did not want to work on her again as this is the second time she has done this and shows me no respect whatsoever - the final straw was that she complained behind my back because she knew she'd get nowhere with me.

It's not often I refuse a client treatment for their behaviour, but just because they come through your salon door, it doesn't mean you HAVE to service them!

good on you!

9 weeks!:eek:

good on you mate xxxxxxxxx bleedin cheek of her

Well today my flabber was well and truly gasted. One of my clients visited the salon today and purposely waited til I was working in the treatment room before coming in(she had driven past the salon last night too but didn't come in cos she saw me!). She had the most dreadful complaint head on and was moaning to my colleague because yet again her nails were lifting and this time they had only lasted NINE WEEKS (usually she only goes 7!) since her last appointment - yup last rebalanced on 5 Jan - and this just was not good enough.

Thankfully I had the full support from my colleagues who told her a few facts of life ... and actually said that this confirms what a great tech I am that after 9 weeks they only just starting to lift and with no breaks!

But I said that I did not want to work on her again as this is the second time she has done this and shows me no respect whatsoever - the final straw was that she complained behind my back because she knew she'd get nowhere with me.

It's not often I refuse a client treatment for their behaviour, but just because they come through your salon door, it doesn't mean you HAVE to service them!

omg! only 9 weeks eh? well you must be soooooooooo rubbish! :hug: seriously, has this woman never listened to word you have said? she will most likely be crawling back to you in a few weeks when she realises what a great tech she has lost.
but the worst bit is to do it behind your back! did you tell her to her face that you dont want to work on her again? xx

she needs to get a life!

We just decided as a team that she is not welcome in our salon so if she tries to rebook she won't be able to. She makes my appointment with her hell too - complains at every corner and drives me mad. we had another client in at the time who said that many women in our town have too much time on their hands and have nothing better to do, and she is probably right.

(PS the other client that I sacked was years ago when 3 times on the trot she was not in when i turned up for a mobile appointment. She phoned me 3 months later begging me to come back as she couldn't find anyone who did them like I did. I did, and I have to say she was as good as gold after that. But this one I will not be sorry to see the back of :rolleyes:)

:eek:...well done you for being a great nail tech......9 weeks is a way to go hun........let her find someone else that can do nails that last 9 weeks......cheeky moo xxxxxx

good on you hunny , i cant beleive people can be such idiots :lol: xxx

Good for you Sass! I know how disappointed you must feel but there is a limit to what you should put up with. I would not work on anyone who showed me disrespect. If we let the likes of her walk over us, we wouldn't respect ourselves.:hug:

Had to be done with a stinky attitude like that!
Wish mine lasted 9 weeks!!!

Nice one Sass!

Can I just ask if you used to charge her significantly more for her rebalances than your 3 or 4 weekers? (or are they all 8 or 9 weekers? lol :eek:) :hug:

Nice one Sass!

Can I just ask if you used to charge her significantly more for her rebalances than your 3 or 4 weekers? (or are they all 8 or 9 weekers? lol :eek:) :hug:

Nope she is the only one! We have a surcharge for over 3 weeks and nothing more, but I was thinking of making an exception!

The cheeky bitch!

Well done for showing her the door!

So many people expect something for nothing:rolleyes:

I take it she would never re book for her rebalance,or would she just cancel?

A disrespecting client is a "has been "client in my eyes....:lol:

She'll rue the day she had the audacity to complain, and when she comes running back with her tail between her legs, you can tell her to stick it where the sun doesn't shine ... 9 weeks, is she having a laugh?!

Good on ya Sass, you certainly don't need to take that kind of c*^p xx

Thanks for all your replies, but I actually don't feel great about it. However there are times when enough is enough and let her find someone else to pick fault in when there is no fault!
Gabi she never rebooked, would just walk in and expect to get an appointment when she wanted it and get stroppy when she couldn't, and also wwanted an empty salon because she didn't like having her nails done when it was busy ... OMG I forgot that one. I think the words fruit and cake may apply here!

I can see your point - nobody likes to lose a client for whatever reason.

She, however, does sound the exception to every rule:eek:

The cheeky bitch!

Well done for showing her the door!

EXACTLY!!!

(I literally laughed out loud at the first phrase LOL)

Who needs clients like that? And to complain after 9wks?
Geez, that's actually GREAT advertising LOL
Get before and after pics hahahaha

Who was the idiot that stated that
"The customer is always right" ? :smack:

cheek of her eh?? let her go somewhere else - see how bad she complains when they don't even last a week!! xx

Latest posts

Back