Sacking a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I did it.
She has proceeded to send me numerous texts and phone calls. Asking me to explain why and saying she is happy with what I do.
I don’t want to reply even to repeat the same message, as I feel it would escalate into an argument.
I’m ashamed that I am now scared of her turning up at my workplace because I hate confrontation so much.
She has messaged a mutual friend to ask if I’m ok. (Like I’ve gone mad or something?)
I used the text script that KrissKross wrote above as this is true and clear and to the point. She keeps asking if she has next weeks appointment.
I’m not sure if I’m now going mad or she is, surely that text is VERY clear. X

Just reply and say like I've said... blah blah blah. Unfortunately all future appointments are now cancelled. Best wishes... etc. Don't be scared if she comes into your work. If she does just tell her upfront... after every appointment with her your drained and disheartened by your work as she doesn't seem to appreciate what you do and you can no longer keep feeling this way. Probably would be a good thing if she came to see you and talk as there's nothing worse than bumping into someone who your trying to avoid especially of she's been messaging and not your not replying. Good luck

Oh poor you, I would feel exactly the same, I hate confrontation. I hope she doesn't come in but if she does be firm, say what you need and then say you need to get on goodbye xx

Well done.

Just text back 'I refer you to my previous message. Good luck with finding a new technician.'

Remember, you are not obliged to be polite!
You are not obliged to justify yourself.
You are not obliged to answer her questions.

Pretend to be a politician in your head and simply deflect any questions. If she does come in just repeat the same phrase and then walk away and ignore her.

I feel your nerves !!! Up front is the best I think, I've had to do this before and once I'd made up my mind (after many many missed/late appts and no other way to go) I felt ready and I prepared myself first. What worked was stating very clearly that this was no longer working for me, refusing to get into any discussion of any finer points, repeating that this wasn't working for me and the magic words "this is not negotiable". I repeated the "this is not negotiable and I wish you well" a couple of times. This left the client nowhere else to go. No apology. No discussion. "This is not negotiable and I wish you well". And I felt a great weight lift.
I think trick was to be prepared and stick with the plan. There's not muchmore she can do with that as you're giving her nothing to 'feed off'.
And also I looked at it this way.....It really is the end because after this there really is no way you can comfortably sit with that person ever again and perform treatments. Far too arkward. So the end is the end. And it's for the best and you WILL feel SO much better [emoji4]

Well done Rippersroo! if she turns up at your work, just say that I think my messages were clear.
"I don't want to take up any more of your time..."
"I don't want to keep you..."
"I'm sure you are busy so ..."
All phrases to say as buffers if she wants to talk to you

My line is "I'm sorry, I don't feel I can meet your service expectations"

Hang on to that. You don't want to spend longer on her nails than on other clients. You don't want her moving her hands etc etc. Your service is your choice. It isn't what she wants. She wants something else.

When clients keep checking my work continually I look them straight in the face and put my hands in my lap. I don't say anything. I wait until they put their hands back, usually they apologise, say sorry and that's the end of the issue. If they don't, as I pick up my file (or whatever) I say "ready?" And I pause, waiting for them to acknowledge that they have interrupted and delayed my service. I dont restart until they nod. I don't reply to anything that they have "helpfully" pointed out. Anything to do with dust or product movement I say "I need you to keep your hands still because of gravity, the product will move around and air movements creates dust problems which spoil your nails". I'm nice about it and I smile a lot. Usually they say "oh I didn't realise" and I smile some more and say something like - "i know you just want to see, I'm just the same! But it does make it tricky for me to do a good job for you".

I don't do extensions. With gels I shape all 10 nails and then I work on the 4 fingers of one hand only. Then I do the other 4 fingers. Then I do the thumbs. That way I've got hold of the clients hand all the time and they can't keep taking it up to their face.

So I did it.
She has proceeded to send me numerous texts and phone calls. Asking me to explain why and saying she is happy with what I do.
I don’t want to reply even to repeat the same message, as I feel it would escalate into an argument.
I’m ashamed that I am now scared of her turning up at my workplace because I hate confrontation so much.
She has messaged a mutual friend to ask if I’m ok. (Like I’ve gone mad or something?)
I used the text script that KrissKross wrote above as this is true and clear and to the point. She keeps asking if she has next weeks appointment.
I’m not sure if I’m now going mad or she is, surely that text is VERY clear. X
Any update op? I hope she didn’t turn up at your work! X

Any update op? I hope she didn’t turn up at your work! X

Thankyou annabel for your concern, she didn’t turn up! [emoji16] I would of hoped that message was extremely clear. There’s nothing to discuss with her. Thankyou all so much I would never of been able to write that message and go through with it without the help & advice given here. I would still be stressing about it all now. Thankyou x

Thankyou annabel for your concern, she didn’t turn up! [emoji16] I would of hoped that message was extremely clear. There’s nothing to discuss with her. Thankyou all so much I would never of been able to write that message and go through with it without the help & advice given here. I would still be stressing about it all now. Thankyou x
Well done we all get clients like this x

Latest posts

Back