:sad: i feel like crying again. finished CND course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisajane

Reaction score
I did me 3rd day on CND L+P and i took a model. The nails were AWFUL. i couldnt press the acrylic flat enough. and some was pressing right towards the right side wall, but had already set when i went to do the left.

I filed my client arm off. and it took 5 hours and 15mins. I have done many sets before with other products and have been fine (not perfect but bare-able) but today i was so disappointed. Ive been bawling my eyes out all nite cos i just want to be able to do it well.

I want to be good so much. I trained with a lovely lady in MK called Deborah, she was really good with me, really patient, and she went over stuff again. Im also really glad she explained WHY my nails were like that, and she also sat for a while and worked on my client to correct them. Hopefully iv taken on board her advice for my next set but just feel really depressed, as its a huge dream to become a good nail technician.

Did anyone else feel like this after their course?
:sad:

ahhhhh...have a :hug:

don't cry....just keep practising and you'll get there.

I am sure many of us have felt like this....and not just after there training either...i still feel like it sometimes now...

Have you got Gigi's book "nailclass".....its fantastic and i know it will help you.

make notes of all the things that your tutor told you while they are fresh in your head...all those little tips.

please don't cry...xx

Don't let it get you down. Do you have a nail trainer? If not, get one and practice loads - they are brilliant. You can't expect to be fantastic straight away, especially if you have been using other products as you will have already developed habits etc. In my opinion you will have to unlearn what you already knew, to allow the new way to sink in properly - if that makes sence? Don't cry, get a good nights sleep tonight. Just remember that this is your dream, so don't give up.

Im feelin better than i did before. I didnt cry in class, but i got home made myself a piece of toast, and i couldnt get the jam lid open, and i just burst out crying. My dad thought i was a nutter but that was just like... the icing on the cake type thing. (or should i say the jam on the toast)

Im alrite now but I thought Id post to see if anyone else was the same when training... And how many sets you did till you produced nice nails?

Thanks for ur help Ang x

It takes time babes nobody finishs their course and are turning out perfect nails from day 1 it takes lots and lots of practise and I can still be disappointed at times and thats after 6 years of doing nails, So dont beat yourself up over today it will come and you will do fab nails :hug:

yeah i have a nail trainer and have to do 6 sets by the time i go back to the academy in 2 weeks time.

I also have 3 models lined up to practise on. so hopefully I will remember everythin I have learned.

THanks for ur help, and ill post some pics of my nails when I have done my 'real' clients

x

OH MY GOD YES!

Some people take to it quicker than others.
I, however had to work my butt off really hard to get to grips with it.
Don't feel despondent, please.
Everyone at some point or other goes through this feeling. Doing nails is NOT an easy job. It is very challenging.
You've just got to stick at it. Keep practicing. TELL yourself you can do it.
I can't stress to you how much practice is important.

It is hard at first but with a lot of practice and loads of determination, you will see the light, so come on, pick yourself up, and keep at it.

You have stacks of support on here to help you through. Take full advantage of the tutorials etc. They are really well written, and if there is something you don't understand, please, ASK!

We are on your side!!!! :hug:

Good advice from both these geeks, don't know what to add . . .

sending you :hug: :hug:, don't get too despondent hun, practice really does make perfect. I was truly months before I was turning out sets I was proud of. xx

I think it helped me to remember that every nail tech, no matter how good they are now, started just like this. hth x

Oh hun don't cry, i was just the same on my course, my nails were terrible and took me about five and a half hours to do, as for my model she was a friend but after the first day of modeling for me she refused to come back and be my model for the re balance and hasn't spoken to me since, so no longer a friend, i borrowed a friend of a friend for the re balance day and did a little better, i have since thrown my self in at the deep end and practised like mad and i am much happier with my nails now, it doesn't come overnight or even straight after the course but they do get better with every set you do, cheer up hun you will get there it just takes time patience and practise and we are all here for you :hug:

If I remember rightly, I posted something on the very same line on my day 3. I just felt so miserable.... why couldn't I do it? Everyone else's were fine .. mine were mountaineering.

It took a long time before I finally got there... but it was all worth the hard work.

Don't be too hard on yourself hun.. you will get there with lots of practice and support :)

:hug:

keep AT IT HUN YOU WILL GT THERE, I THINK WE ALL AHVE SUCH HIGH EXPECTATIONS OF OURSELVES AND WE ARE SO DOWN OURSELVES WHEN WE DONT GET THERE, BUT IT ALSO GIVES US THE ROOM TO GROW.

OOPS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS ITS LATE

XXX

yeah i cryed tons in the begining my training was rushed and i couldn't absorb all the info quickly enough. So i didn't rush into it, practised when i felt the want to and done it really slowly had a few more clssses when i felt better about myself, and there is no stopping me now. I think i am a slow learner as it took me years to get any sort of confidence, and i am usually very confident person. Being a nail tech isn't easy and there are knock backs all the time but just keep dusting yourself off. It will all come together in the end :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Hun, don't cry xxxxxx

It'll come, with practise. L&P is not easy and I've been at it three and a half years, but still have days when I feel I've lost the plot, so don't beat yourself up.
Creative L&P is a fabulous product, so much better than my previous product which was NSI _ although I had not trained with NSI, just used their L&P.
I'm deffo not knocking NSI, just that changing product made a real noticable change in the way the product moved on the nail, the workability of it, the clarity, just all so much better than other things \I'd used before.

Keep on practising, keep practising your ratio too, which would seem to be a mix ratio problem you may of been suffering with on your model. It'll come babe, just takes a little time, practise and faith in yourself!

Go for it, each set will be better than the last!!!:hug: xx

Oh god sorry Lou, she doesnt sound like such a good friend.... oh dear. My model was my best friend, and she was so good... So patient, even though I know her cuticles were hurting and she had backache and wanted to hit the pub. And bless her she offered to come back for the rebalance, What to do without a friend like her....
Ill post a pic of the first proper set i do on my friend nxt wkend,

Thanks geeks xx

ps i passed my course in l&p then converted to gel, going to pick up my l&p brush again soon as i am not that bad after all taken me 4 years though. there will be another brave day soon and i have ordered some fresh liquid and powder just for the occasion:)

Oh god sorry Lou, she doesnt sound like such a good friend.... oh dear. My model was my best friend, and she was so good... So patient, even though I know her cuticles were hurting and she had backache and wanted to hit the pub. And bless her she offered to come back for the rebalance, What to do without a friend like her....
Ill post a pic of the first proper set i do on my friend nxt wkend,

Thanks geeks xx
Look forward to the pics hun, hope you feel a bit cheerier now :hug:

Did anyone else feel like this after their course?

Yes!
Even on my fifth and final day, I was the last left still filing merrily away, lol! But just because you took 5.5 hrs doesn't mean that yours weren't the best nails at the end of the day..... Maybe you just worried more about the final result more than anyone else! At this stage, I don't think that timing should even come into it, you will have so much "time" to bring that down, the main thing is your technique and getting it right.

I was exactly the same as you, by the time you get one side right the other side has set. I was told to "stop faffing around on one side!", lol. The fact is, if you work a bit to the right, then to the left, then back to the right the product stays more workable, so I've found that if initially I pat the product so it is in the area I want it to be, then on one side pat it into the kind of shape I want, then the same on the other side, if I go back the refine the shape I still have some workability in the product iykwim :green:

You will get there, but chill hun (everyone told me to chill and I just screamed "BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'TS LIKE:irked::lick::irked:", so try to do as I say not as I do, lol)

Good luck with the rest of your course, I'm sure you'll be fine as you have the "passion" :hug:

Hi Lisa
dont cry! :hug: I felt the same as you around my 3rd day. I just wasnt getting it. It was one of the hardest things i had ever had to do! My times were atrocious, every one else in my class (apart from one other person) was training to be a beauty therapist and had already done nails... a lot of them even already worked in salons, on customers but didnt have proper training. I was doing one hand in the time it took everyone else to do 2 hands and then sit and chat, eat food, smoke a cigarette etc!
My times are still longer than i'd like, and longer than my teacher said i should be working to, but my nails have drastically improved since day 3. It really is practice that makes the difference. I first noticed a real difference during the homework period between day 4 and 5, when i had to do the practice cards. they are good as you can see yourself improving.

Oh hun don't cry, i was just the same on my course, my nails were terrible and took me about five and a half hours to do, as for my model she was a friend but after the first day of modeling for me she refused to come back and be my model for the re balance and hasn't spoken to me since, so no longer a friend

Loubylou... I had the EXACT same problem!!! My friend said she would be my model, i done her nails and knowing how perfect she likes everything, tried to do them well, but it got really late (was about 3am by the time i finished as she had NSS nails on that i had to soak off first and i had gone to her house after work in the evening) and i placed the smile line too low down on a couple of nails... anyway, i made a bad attempt at fixin it and ended up with ghost lines and all sorts of ugliness... the day before i needed her for the re-balance, i text her to remind her and she told me she couldnt make it. I since found out that she lied to me about a meeting and had gone to a salon the day after i done her nails to get them "fixed". We have not spoken since. Funny when you find out who your real friends are.

how many students were in the class?,perhaps you should have asked for some help after about the 3rd nail (thats what the teacher is there for). Keepthis in mind for next time......
Seems you have done some nails in the past, it's often more difficult to pick up a new method ,when you already have one in your head.

I'm sorry that your feeling down, Belive me your not the only one, I did a set of nails on my mum last night, took ages and I didnt like them at the end. She says they are ok but I'm still not happy with shape etc. It is so frustrating. But if we keep trying we should get there in the end, espeacially with all the help available to us on the nail geek. Good luck with it hun XX

Latest posts

Back