:sad: i feel like crying again. finished CND course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awww you will be fine:hug: , when i did my foundation course the nails were really awful , i look back now when i get them out and laugh , but at the time it is horrid coz you see all these gorgeous nails and you want to be abl to do em like that but cant
trust me if you practice you will get better , it just takes some time , i am only just starting to feel a bit happier with my nails now and trained 4 yrs ago (although did have 18 months out from doing it ):lol:

Hi Lisa
dont cry! :hug: I felt the same as you around my 3rd day. I just wasnt getting it. It was one of the hardest things i had ever had to do! My times were atrocious, every one else in my class (apart from one other person) was training to be a beauty therapist and had already done nails... a lot of them even already worked in salons, on customers but didnt have proper training. I was doing one hand in the time it took everyone else to do 2 hands and then sit and chat, eat food, smoke a cigarette etc!
My times are still longer than i'd like, and longer than my teacher said i should be working to, but my nails have drastically improved since day 3. It really is practice that makes the difference. I first noticed a real difference during the homework period between day 4 and 5, when i had to do the practice cards. they are good as you can see yourself improving.

Loubylou... I had the EXACT same problem!!! My friend said she would be my model, i done her nails and knowing how perfect she likes everything, tried to do them well, but it got really late (was about 3am by the time i finished as she had NSS nails on that i had to soak off first and i had gone to her house after work in the evening) and i placed the smile line too low down on a couple of nails... anyway, i made a bad attempt at fixin it and ended up with ghost lines and all sorts of ugliness... the day before i needed her for the re-balance, i text her to remind her and she told me she couldnt make it. I since found out that she lied to me about a meeting and had gone to a salon the day after i done her nails to get them "fixed". We have not spoken since. Funny when you find out who your real friends are.

aww isnt that awful !! i cant beleive people stop speaking to other people coz you are training and put some not so perfect nails on , thats terrible !! i know i did my m.i.l who was a royal p.i.t.a , and she totally made me know they were awful but hey what can you do , thats what friend and family are there for isnt it , lol

Aw hun, dont be downhearted, I remember feeling exactly like you half way through my foundation course, I sat and cried and was ready for giving it up cos I didnt think I would ever get the hang of it! Luckily my hubby made me go back the following week, and it all suddendly just fell into place. Some people pick it up very easily, and some dont. Stick at it and it will be worth it in the end.:hug:

I remember feeling exactly the same chick, I was convinced I'd made a huge mistake and I would never pass the course, it took me all afternoon to do my models nails and then I still had to spend another 2 hours at home trying to make them look half decent!
as Bev our tutor used to say to us over and over again "it's all practice, practice practice".
you'll get there hun :hug: and when they pass you that certificate at the end of the course you will be over the moon.

aww isnt that awful !! i cant beleive people stop speaking to other people coz you are training and put some not so perfect nails on , thats terrible !! i know i did my m.i.l who was a royal p.i.t.a , and she totally made me know they were awful but hey what can you do , thats what friend and family are there for isnt it , lol

No real loss though, obviously wasnt that great a friend in the first place! :rolleyes:

how many students were in the class?,perhaps you should have asked for some help after about the 3rd nail (thats what the teacher is there for). Keepthis in mind for next time......
Seems you have done some nails in the past, it's often more difficult to pick up a new method ,when you already have one in your head.

Thanks for all your help evryone, and yes nailzoo you may be right, I had researched the nail industy and the course much more than the other ladies on the course ( i had known for a while to train with creative) others just came across it or it was the first one there. Ill try to forget the old habits and do the new ones. I know practise makes perfect. Ill keep tryin!

Thnx guys, Lisa xx

oh there were 6 there

No real loss though, obviously wasnt that great a friend in the first place! :rolleyes:
You are quite right, not a great friend at all just another freeloader but not to worry, i don't miss people like this from my life :hug:

OH god! I read the beginning of this thread and thought,oh no! what am I letting myself in for!! Got to the end and thought,,,,come on Kirsty! You can do this. I think in my favour the fact that I have never even picked up a brush to do this helps,,,,,,,,,,,,,we will see!!

Don't cry ... we're all here for you.

It's so easy to feel deflated when things don't go quite the way you wanted ... it's frustrating, but you have to hang in there and persevere.

You know what they say, all good things come to those who wait ... practice, patience, a copy of Nail Class and Bob's your uncle!

Don't cry hunny, we all have days like that. I had one myself yesterday. I did my own nails to try and tempt abit of business but they are so so awful I burst into tears. Keep going and just keep practising and it will come I promise.

I'm sending you :hug: :hug: to cheer you up.

And I recommend the nailclass as well, it makes everything you do more straight forward.

Good luck and keep us posted. x

Did anyone else feel like this after their course?

I feel like this sometimes now mate!!

You sound like you have a very caring teacher who is prepared to help you no end, oh yes! don't forget w'ere all here too, it'll all turn good in the end, you watch!

Perserverence and eagerness to do well ( which sounds like qualities you hold close) so come on, dust yourself down and prepare yourself for the next challenge!!

Teri x:hug: :hug:

we all have such high expectations of our beginers courses, and ourselves.
we assume that we will go in on day one a novice and come out a nail tech in a few days time. and when we dont, we assume that its because we are useless.
but its so important to remember that its really difficult to do good nails and its normal to produce poor results at first. it doesnt mean that youll never be good though.
knowing that you are not doing a good job is half way to getting it right . at least then you are going to put in the effort to making a better job.
just be prepared to keep on putting in the effort and very gradually the reward will come to you.
[ i cried too at my first tries]:cry:

THANKS FOR YR HELP GUYS JUST POSTED FIRST SET ON MY RIGHT HAND...!! yes i did it with left hand oooh! on http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?p=546063#post546063

Nail critiques!!
I feel much better now after doin these.... They were NOTHING LIKE THIS yesterday on my course!!

Thanks Geeks what would I do with out you?? xxx

Glad you are feeling better now hun, the geeks are great for giving you a boost hang in there :hug:

HUNNY - weve all been there too, so youre not on your own, be patient.....its all comes in time. i know you probs want to run before you can walk, but it just aint worth the hassel, go from strength to strength with your training and i asure you - you WILL get there. its took me years to get to where i am now, as is the same for 90% of the techs on this site, we just go on more courses to improve ourselves. believe me. YOU WILL GET THERE, it just takes time sweetpea

Do you want to practice on me and I'll see if I can help? :hug:

ah bless ya louise your a sweetheart Could I? I could just do the one hand for you and see what you think? ooh im scared!!

When are you free?

x

Latest posts

Back