Saddle Stools

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollyballoo

Truly, Madly Geeky...
Reaction score
Hi all

I have been having some back/neck problems and wondered if any of you have recently bought one of these "saddle" stools and, if so, how you are getting on with them and whether you would recommend them and who would be the best stockist to approach?

Hollyballoo said:
Hi all

I have been having some back/neck problems and wondered if any of you have recently bought one of these "saddle" stools and, if so, how you are getting on with them and whether you would recommend them and who would be the best stockist to approach?
I'm also wondering about the other ergonomical type 'Kneely' sort of chair - if you catch my drift (not snow!!):|

Adele

They sell the stools that you kneel on for £36 in Arogs ( if that's what you meant) :green:

Peppercorn Nails said:
I'm also wondering about the other ergonomical type 'Kneely' sort of chair - if you catch my drift (not snow!!):|

Adele

Adele,

I bought a kneeling stool and I find it the most comfortable chair I have tried. It took a bit of getting used to but I wouldn't change now.

The one I have is the same as the argos one but I bought mine at Staples.

Do they make you sit up straight? I'm terrible for slouching especially when I'm concentrating lol I bend right in!!

I have terrible knots in my neck - not from doing nails - and at the end of the day my neck is killing me!!! So if this chair will help then I'm getting one!!

So guys.... what do you think? An ideal chair for me??

Tamm

Mani-fique! said:
Do they make you sit up straight? I'm terrible for slouching especially when I'm concentrating lol I bend right in!!

I have terrible knots in my neck - not from doing nails - and at the end of the day my neck is killing me!!! So if this chair will help then I'm getting one!!

So guys.... what do you think? An ideal chair for me??

Tamm

I have one of the saddle stools.. it is very comfortable but it doesn't stop you slouching and you HAVE to wear trousers. I have a small one, you can also have a larger one which tilts if you like. I like them.
I got mine from Beautelle, they are very friendly and helpful.

I used one of the kneel stools for about 6 months, but got really painful knees from using it all day long.

Be careful if you do get a kneel stool that's it's not for occassional use, as all your weight rests on your knees, I now have achey, clicky knees..that I didn't have before!

I've changed chairs now before I end up walking like Charlie Chaplin!

Jenny-Nails x x x :lol:

When I first got my kneely stool, I had it set at the wrong height and all my weight was on my knees or shins. Once the height is set correctly the weight is more focused on my seat with just the knees for balance. No more sore knees or shins LOL.

I used the Kneeling jobies for several years and they eventually caused me some back problems. My chiropractor discourages their use.

However, whatever works for you ;)

The Nail Geek said:
I used the Kneeling jobies for several years and they eventually caused me some back problems. My chiropractor discourages their use.

However, whatever works for you ;)
Hmmm, I have no experience of these personally but, was also interested in the idea.
My tutor Jane Cook told me she had the same probs with them as Sam, so I wont be bothering now.

The Nail Geek said:
So what sort of chair would you recommend?

Adele

I too was getting back ache .. and i searched for the right stool... i like the expensive £500 jobbys!! but i think thats a bit excessive!!! i couldnt decided on whether to have a back or not as i lean forward anyway so i went or the beautelle purple saddle stool.. yep you cant wear a skirt and it did feel a little strange (and i used to own two horses!!! lol) but... after only a couple of days my back pain had gone.... it was about 115.00 pounds and they have now brought out a tilting one which looks good, but i highly recommend them the website is www.beautelle.co.uk

Thehandsanctuary said:
I too was getting back ache .. and i searched for the right stool... i like the expensive £500 jobbys!! but i think thats a bit excessive!!! i couldnt decided on whether to have a back or not as i lean forward anyway so i went or the beautelle purple saddle stool.. yep you cant wear a skirt and it did feel a little strange (and i used to own two horses!!! lol) but... after only a couple of days my back pain had gone.... it was about 115.00 pounds and they have now brought out a tilting one which looks good, but i highly recommend them the website is www.beautelle.co.uk[/QUOTE]

Any more thumbs up for the saddle chair?

Adele

Hollyballoo said:
Hi all

Check out the March Issue of Scratch magazine as there will be a five page feature on salon furniture in that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back