Safest way to bleach afro hair advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachy Waves

Reaction score
My client has 4d curly hair which she colours the roots of black using home box colours and is looking to have some bleach added to just the ends to give them definition.

I have done a strand test with 20 vol bleach and 30 vol and the 30 lifted better but took over an hour.

I’m super conscious that I don’t want to destroy her hair but is it okay to leave the bleach on as long as that?

Should I use 40 vol with Olaplex added to speed things up and get her a higher lift.
It didn’t get very blonde before - it was quite gingery

I’m just so concerned about the condition, but am also conscious that I have the box dye to lift out too!

Use a colour reducer (might need to do it twice) to remove the build up of box dye before applying bleach. You’ll get a better lift and far less damage.

My client has 4d curly hair which she colours the roots of black using home box colours and is looking to have some bleach added to just the ends to give them definition.

I have done a strand test with 20 vol bleach and 30 vol and the 30 lifted better but took over an hour.

I’m super conscious that I don’t want to destroy her hair but is it okay to leave the bleach on as long as that?

Should I use 40 vol with Olaplex added to speed things up and get her a higher lift.
It didn’t get very blonde before - it was quite gingery

I’m just so concerned about the condition, but am also conscious that I have the box dye to lift out too!
Definitely colour remover like @AcidPerm said. That way you can remove colour effectively from the hair, without causing damage to the hair. Then use olaplex in the lightner. From experience I'd also say
use a bleach with a thinner consistency, I find a gel bleach lifts better on courser hair types. After this I would also be sending her home with shampoo and conditioner with protein and moisture balance.

Latest posts

Back