Sally’s nail training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Affric

Reaction score
Hi
I have been wanting to start nails and all things beauty for about 5 years and keep on putting it off for not being able to afford to buy a lot of products, scared I won’t be good enough, jnow that ALOT of people are now in this industry.
when I saw the cost of the Sally’s ASP manicure and gel polish course I thought I may aswell give it a go. However, I don’t want to pay for a cheap course if it’s not worse it and wouldconsider paying a bit more.
I wouldn’t want to use ASP products as I don’t rate them-could I use any gel or is it preferred to be trained in a certain gel you use?
I have read mixed reviews on this and wondered if it gave basics for me to then practice and practice.
Any information on this or nails will help me

Do you have a license? Sally’s is offering a course or is it a dvd being sold at Sally’s? Not asking to shoot you down I’m just trying to get a bit more info.

Are you in the UK?

Are you in the UK?

Profile says 'Cheshire' so I guess so

Hi
I have been wanting to start nails and all things beauty for about 5 years and keep on putting it off for not being able to afford to buy a lot of products, scared I won’t be good enough, jnow that ALOT of people are now in this industry.
when I saw the cost of the Sally’s ASP manicure and gel polish course I thought I may aswell give it a go. However, I don’t want to pay for a cheap course if it’s not worse it and wouldconsider paying a bit more.
I wouldn’t want to use ASP products as I don’t rate them-could I use any gel or is it preferred to be trained in a certain gel you use?
I have read mixed reviews on this and wondered if it gave basics for me to then practice and practice.
Any information on this or nails will help me

Sallys don't tend to provide their own training, they provide a location and source a tutor for that specific course. So the quality of trainer can be pretty hit and miss. You'd be better off training specifically with the product/brand you intend to use going forward. There are fundamentals and basics you can learn with each type of product, but there are various things that are individual to certain brands (which is why we always recommend a conversion course when changing brands) that you need to know.

This will be your business and career going forward, spend the money on yourself and your business and get it right first time

Latest posts

Back