Sallys have just slated Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elliebee

Reaction score
I am so annoyed.

An occasional client of mine has just told me that she had gone in to Sally's and asked them what would remove Shellac.
The assistant sold her a bottle of acetone and told her Shellac is cr4p and ruins your nails!

I am beyond livid that
A) they sold to her at all
B) they are badmouthing a professional brand which I have invested a lot of money in

She also told me that she noticed a professional haircare range that she buys from her hair salon. The assistant told her to buy some items and she would put them through at trade price for her.

My client now thinks her hairdresser is ripping her off and that she won't be having Shellac again!
So much for Sally's supporting professionals:mad::mad::mad:

I would send a letter to the manager of the Sallys store and see what they say.

I am so annoyed.

An occasional client of mine has just told me that she had gone in to Sally's and asked them what would remove Shellac.
The assistant sold her a bottle of acetone and told her Shellac is cr4p and ruins your nails!

I am beyond livid that
A) they sold to her at all
B) they are badmouthing a professional brand which I have invested a lot of money in

She also told me that she noticed a professional haircare range that she buys from her hair salon. The assistant told her to buy some items and she would put them through at trade price for her.

My client now thinks her hairdresser is ripping her off and that she won't be having Shellac again!
So much for Sally's supporting professionals:mad::mad::mad:

Number 1 she should be able to clearly see that Shellac hasn't ruined her nails.

Number 2 if she has been having Shellac on her nails then she should know that it is a great product.

Number 3 has she never heard of wholesale prices for professionals and retail prices for consumers? Does she honestly think that hairdressers pay retail price for their professional products?

Number 4, you should call Sally's, speak to the manager, report the incident and get the person who served this customer fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, I think it's very UNprofessional for Sally's to slate another product.

I would absolutely be reporting it to management and beyond.

So unprofessional definitely complain to the Manager :-(

I echo what the other ops are saying, I'd also invite said Sally's staff member to have a Shellac Power Polish manicure experience for herself and educate her, I had a mouth opening experience also, I picked up a bottle of gel polish in my local Sally's wasnt glimg to buy it but was thinking of what Shellac colours i had that i could layer to achieve it and my helpful Sally's member advised me to buy from America as its cheaper, She tasted my bite that's for sure!! :D

I echo what the other ops are saying, I'd also invite said Sally's staff member to have a Shellac Power Polish manicure experience for herself and educate her, I had a mouth opening experience also, I picked up a bottle of gel polish in my local Sally's wasnt glimg to buy it but was thinking of what Shellac colours i had that i could layer to achieve it and my helpful Sally's member advised me to buy from America as its cheaper, She tasted my bite that's for sure!! :D

Isn't it the management that should taste your bite?

Does your client maybe take things out of context? Are you sure that is what the lady said. Because a lot of people will pick and choose what the want to hear. The fact that your client is gonna go on what one girl says, a girl she doesn't even know is out ragious! I wouldn't want a person coming to me like that anyways. Around were I live Sallys sells compared to products so I'm not understanding about the hairdresser thing. A good hairdresser shouldn't be selling a knock off brand anyways. If it happens again I would contact management, in reality what you are hearing is hear say so there is a good chance the lady may not even get in trouble. I'm sorry you lost a client love xo

I'd be writing a letter to the managing director!
The public assume that Sally's staff are experts on the brands they sell so will listen to them. They don't know any better so believe what they are told.
For a member of staff to say that, it's outrageous.

The funniest bit is that if Sally's could get Shellac to sell in their shops they would LEAP at the chance. :lol:

Unfortunately for them, S2 would never sell CND products through a Sally's or anyone else that we all know sells on to the consumer (despite what they claim.
Most of the companies they represent already sell direct to consumers themselves so it really doesn't matter. A few exceptions are some of the good hair lines they sell, but if they can keep those professional only then why not for other exclusive brands??

Isn't it the management that should taste your bite?

I was absolutely blown away by her comment,the manageress wasn't available to speak to, I penned a letter of complaint to their H/O I'm waiting for a response, I'm from a retail management background and think some staff should keep their not so helpful opinions to themselves.

Does your client maybe take things out of context? Are you sure that is what the lady said. Because a lot of people will pick and choose what the want to hear. The fact that your client is gonna go on what one girl says, a girl she doesn't even know is out ragious! I wouldn't want a thick person coming to me like that anyways. Around were I live Sallys sells compared to products so I'm not understanding about the hairdresser thing. A good hairdresser shouldn't be selling a knock off brand anyways. If it happens again I would contact management, in reality what you are hearing is hear say so there is a good chance the lady may not even get in trouble. I'm sorry you lost a client love xo

If this client did not repeat word for word what the sales assistant said, then so be it but whatever the sales assistant said has left this client with these thoughts, so damage has been done and it is not acceptable on any level.
I wouldn't call it hear say, I would call it a client repeating a conversation had between herself and the sales assistant.
I definitely would not be calling a client 'thick" for repeating a conversation like this and feeling the way she does.

Seriously don't even get me started on the Sally's in ******!! If I get any more cheek from them I am going to post a complaint on Facebook for everyone to see hehe :lick: xx

I won't buy anything from Sally's anymore. Their staff are the most unknowledgeable and unhelpful breed of people I have ever met in all 4 stores I've visited. And when I ordered online because I couldn't face going in, they took 2 months to send a £40 delivery in 3 separate deliveries! Useless.

I thought all Sally's were now salon services which are also Beauty Express.Must say my local Salon Services are very professional and knowledgable.

I have seen people's nails that have trained with Sally's - not a good look! CND all the way x

Seriously don't even get me started on the Sally's in Dundee!! If I get any more cheek from them I am going to post a complaint on Facebook for everyone to see hehe :lick: xx

Totally agree!!
I have a few clients who buy products in there and who are not trained in the profession. The staff are so grumpy, some don't even acknowledge your presence. When I absolutely have no option but to visit the store, I'm in & out again xx

I'm really sorry I havent read all the replies so apols if this is a duplicate, but I wouldnt sweat over this, all this has done is made Sally's look bad, not Shellac!! Just ask your client if she thinks Shellac would be a household name by now if it was as "crap" as the girl who works in Sallys says it is :biggrin:

At the end of the day sales assistants say all sorts of random stuff. Her views are just that of one person and dont represent sallys as a whole.

Someone who works in claires accessories might say that they dont like jewellery from argos. It doesnt really mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back