Sallys Salon supply.... views?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruxoru

Reaction score
now dont get me wrong i fricken love sallys due to the fact its so close to me for supply's but i know alot of you have mixed views on the company and i was interested to hear them

so some shops sell to the public and when i was 16 i went and got 40vol bleach with out a trade card lucky enough i knew what i was doing and i have hair that takes a good beating but i think selling things like this with out knowing there buyers experiences and qualifications is dangerous .

iv also encountered rude customer service and been given really bad advice by workers who dont even know what purple shampoo is .......why they get to work there is unknown to me but im conflicted as i can see why someone would want to get these products as for example my local salon charges £200 to get hair blond vs £10 at sallys

I think all the chemicals/colours etc should ONLY be sold to trade. Equipment and stuff, fair enough, you can buy them elsewhere as well but when it's professional products they should only be sold to those with trade cards. It wouldn't be difficult - "do you have a Sally's card?" "no" "I'm sorry, those products are trade only, you have to have a trade/professional card to purchase them". TADA!

I tend not to ask the assistants - one didn't even know where the hair elastics would be situated (I was in a rush and didn't have time to scan the shop). When I worked retail I made sure I had at least a rough idea of where things would be, especially the most commonly asked for items.

But I need Sally's because Capital doesn't stock Matrix...at least, the ones in Glasgow don't.

Not good in my area !
Never get the offers in the magazine and always have to go back and complain.
Stopped using them as this happened every time I went, I would have to sit in my car check through receipt then go back in.
Staff were always complaining of poor working conditions !
I use www.alanhoward.co.uk they do free delivery on certain amounts.
Check out thread on here about top 10 wholesalers/suppliers :)

Not good in my area !
Never get the offers in the magazine and always have to go back and complain.
Stopped using them as this happened every time I went, I would have to sit in my car check through receipt then go back in.
Staff were always complaining of poor working conditions !
I use www.alanhoward.co.uk they do free delivery on certain amounts.
Check out thread on here about top 10 wholesalers/suppliers :)

:( none in Scotland.

we have 3 sallys within about 6 miles of my house, the nearest two are about equal distances in opp directions but one has just changed to trade only as they stock tigi (i say stock tigi they havent had a delivery for over a month and the shelves are empty!!) the other a larger store sells to anyone but the service in that one is sooooooo much better!! the smaller trade only store they are rude and its not just me who has noticed this a few hairdresser friends have, one even complained to head office and i dont think the lady works there anymore?
we also have a capital about 4 miles away where the service is always impecable but i do tend to stick with sallys, dont know why?
I agree though that they should all be trade only for chemicals

I think it should be trade only definitely.

But regards to customer service, my local sally's staff are absolutely lovely. They recognise me everytime i go in, always ask if i need help and ask how i am etc xxx

The Sally near me are useless they haven't got a clue where anything is, or what it is, they just sell to trade but when I went in to get my trade card they didn't check my certificates or anything I could have been anyone.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I've had mixed experiences. In the Sally's near to my previous home the staff were useless. Gave me bad advice on wax which nearly ruined my wax pot! However, my new Sally's in Stirling is good. Service is fine, they always have stock and the girls do seem to know what they're doing.

Worth mentioning that when I arrived back in the UK I went to one of their trade only stores (in Clydebank) and they wouldn't let me buy anything because I didn't have a sallys card and no certs with me to sign up for one! I think that's the way it should be.

Air x

I'm in Northern Ireland, and usually use the Sally's in Lisburn. I've signed up to their offers and always get a leaflet through. I do beauty, so I don't pay much attention to the hair part of the offers, but since they've introduced Gelish, it states on the offer sheet that it's only available to professionals and not the public. The staff are absolutely lovely and always remember me. It's recently closed to the public as well, trade professionals only :) xx

we have 2 branches in Dundee, 1 very small the city centre that is open to public and a larger one that is trade only just outside the city centre.the staff in both are fabulous and really know their products but I find they're let down by the stock,I often can't get what I need.which is a shame because there are no other suppliers in Dundee (affinage are you listening? lol)

Latest posts

Back