salon and shop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaches

Reaction score
hi
I was just wondering how many of you would go into a clothing shop if a man was serving?I ask because hubby and me have opened a fashion shop womens clothes,cosmetics etc, In the back I have my nail studio
which I open on thursdays and fridays he seems to think when im not there if a woman comes in looks around then sees him behind the counter then goes out he thinks this is putting them off coming into the shop, we have picked up quite well and have started to get a few appointments fo nail treatments
since opening last august,although it was quite slow over the christmas what do you think ? would it put you off?

For me personally I probably wouldn't notice whether there was a man or woman at the desk before I entered I would be looking at the shop to see if that interested me enough to look inside. Once in it would make no difference as long as they welcomed me in a friendly manner when I entered :) Maybe he should try engaging with people as they come in, with a good morning/afternoon and a smile (assuming he is not doing this already).

I am a larger lady and my local Evans store has had a male manager for the last couple of years. The ladies love him. He is really helpful and offers advice on colours and flattering designs etc.. I admit it was strange at first but now he's part of the furniture.

If i liked the stuff i wouldn't care if it was a monkey behind the counter...:lol: xx

I personally wouldn't give a HOOT! :hug:

You find a lot of privately owned clothes shops are run by a man now a days, i dont see why this should make any difference so long as he isnt any where near the changing rooms, it would only put me off if he was stood out side the changing rooms and i have seen this in the past, i didnt try anything on or buy anything.
If they are just serving customers then no it dosnt put me off.

It wouldnt make any difference to me, after all he is behind the counter not in the changing room. Good luck I am sure business will pick up real soon for you, if he is bothered about being in the shop your could always get him to go on a nail course and become a technician many roll models to follow. Ha Ha

Joan

If i liked the stuff i wouldn't care if it was a monkey behind the counter...:lol: xx
Oo oo aa aa! (monkey noises if that wasnt clear:lick: ) me neither.... so long as he didnt sell bananas lmao

Wouldnt make any difference to me!

As long as the guy seemed friendly and approciable then thats all that counts! :)

There are loads of men who work in clothes shops in Spain, I'm assuming it's the same in the UK?
It wouldn't (and doesn't) make any difference to me, providing they're polite, knowledgeable and helpful.

Well theres one local designer fashion store by me, nice shop, great clothes, a bloke is always behind the counter... I think perhaps cos its so quiet whenever i go in an look im always conciouis that im being stared at, so when i feel uncomfortable I leave. It could b cos im the only person there or that he thinks im gonna steal somathing. But id rather be in there when im not the only person in there,

LJ x

It wouldn't bother me to be honest. I don't care who is serving as long as they are polite and friendly.

Sounds like things are going ok though.

hi thank you for all of your replys

Latest posts

Back