Salon closure but clients with outstanding CACI courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare Dawson

Reaction score
Hi need some friendly advice.

I have been on maternity for the best part of last year and I have really struggled for childcare since going back to work part time.

Anyway I had one member of staff working full time and she seemed to love her job and liked being in charge and didn't mind working alone (or so she said) anyway she has handed her notice in ! Leaving me with a business I can't substain on 2 days a week work I can do.

So I have made the difficult desision to close the shop.

Think is .... We have clients who have outstanding CACI courses they have paid hundreds of pounds for ! We are giving our clients 3 weeks notice so they can use up any vouchers and outstanding courses. But they will be some that are still outstanding.

I am still planning to do my 2 days a week but in a friend's salon but it's a good 10 mins from my shop now and I am super worried clients won't be happy and won't want to travel and will demand their money back which I don't have anymore.

This has all come as quite a shock to me so it's all happening so quick , I am trying my best but so worried about the backlash !

Help !

Any suggestions on how to soften the blow with clients?!

If some of your clients can't get to the new salon, what do you plan on doing in terms of their already paid for for treatments?

Firstly it depends on the terms and conditions you stipulated (in writing) at the time the client purchased the course of treatments or voucher.

If some of your clients can't get to the new salon, what do you plan on doing in terms of their already paid for for treatments?
That's what my post is asking .... What people suggest ....

Are you a limited company?

You might be over thinking things... it’s only 10mins away so most people (especially if they know you well) will just say “ok, what’s the new address, I’ll see you there...” I know I would. I would rather you were still trading somewhere & not giving up completely. Clients get hooked on someone they like, so just explain the situation calmly & say that you have no choice but to move & you hope that they will continue their course with you in your new room... are you talking about a lot of money on outstanding courses (you don’t have to say how much obvs) if you have to find it to refund someone?? Perhaps you can sell some of your equipment that you no longer need to raise some money.. I moved from a salon to a room & made £750 on gumtree selling excess furniture!?

You might be over thinking things... it’s only 10mins away so most people (especially if they know you well) will just say “ok, what’s the new address, I’ll see you there...” I know I would. I would rather you were still trading somewhere & not giving up completely. Clients get hooked on someone they like, so just explain the situation calmly & say that you have no choice but to move & you hope that they will continue their course with you in your new room... are you talking about a lot of money on outstanding courses (you don’t have to say how much obvs) if you have to find it to refund someone?? Perhaps you can sell some of your equipment that you no longer need to raise some money.. I moved from a salon to a room & made £750 on gumtree selling excess furniture!?
Yer it is quite a bit of money remaining so I could not refund them. However I really like Ur idea of selling the equipment I am no longer going to be using. Thanks xx

Also thank you I might be over thinking things just so so worried about people money and don't want to get a bad reputation X

That's what my post is asking .... What people suggest ....
Sorry, what I meant was, if they ask for a refund what are you going to do, as you said you don't have the money, but I see further on that you intend to sell things in the event of that happening. x

Generally, I’d say you have to refund them the balance owing, otherwise you’ll be in breach of contract.
But it does also depend on your terms of business when you sold the vouchers.

Sorry, what I meant was, if they ask for a refund what are you going to do, as you said you don't have the money, but I see further on that you intend to sell things in the event of that happening. x
It's more the sheer value of clients I would have to pay back is just un affordable.
I plan to give them every option I have like to come to New salon, use up there treatments before end of month, I even thought I could give them products to cover alot of the costs.
Think I have it sussed now. X

I know this doesn’t help with the current situation but I’ve had this before where I’ve spent the money before the treatment. I had to do a few refunds when I was fully booked and couldn’t accommodate the vouchers. I soon learnt my lesson and now I put the money away and take it out only when the voucher is spent. (I’m not being critical just saying I sympathise) x

I know this doesn’t help with the current situation but I’ve had this before where I’ve spent the money before the treatment. I had to do a few refunds when I was fully booked and couldn’t accommodate the vouchers. I soon learnt my lesson and now I put the money away and take it out only when the voucher is spent. (I’m not being critical just saying I sympathise) x
Yer I know what Ur saying but when it is totally un expected how can u plan for it and with a young baby at home that needs things , babies are expensive and not to mention a house and car.
Just guna have to deal with one client at a time n find a way through it.

Yer I know what Ur saying but when it is totally un expected how can u plan for it and with a young baby at home that needs things , babies are expensive and not to mention a house and car.
Just guna have to deal with one client at a time n find a way through it.

I really hope it goes well, Gosh they sure are x

I think you should aim to refund anyone who asks immediately, because otherwise, it’s going to affect your reputation long into the future.

I bought a service (not beauty) from someone locally and a parent at the school gates was telling me about some dodgy activity they’d been on the fringes of many years previously and how they’d never do business with any member of that family. A bad reputation is difficult to lose.

Also, babies don’t actually need very much at all. They don’t need expensive equipment and everything buying new. It’s only when they grow older that the expenses start to mount up.

Latest posts

Back