Salon colour disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraa1981

Reaction score
Client was lv 4 wanting a cool level 6 colour. She had about 10% grey
I didnt not have any 5N so I used 3/4 6.22 & 4n plus a few drops of gold concentrate with 20vol..
My thinking was the .22 would nutralise all the warm tones while lifting and between the 4 and 6 we would end up with a cool level 5 colour. BUT NO it went dark purple. I was horrified!!!! I bleached bathed it and then put 4N and lots of gold im the muxture and left it on for 20mins It looked better but still could see the purple a little.

WHAT could I have done better to correct this issue? What would you have done??

Well.. if your client was a natural 4 and you wanted a cool level 6 (undertone is red) why did you use gold concentrate?
I have no idea why it turned purple but I would have used 6 for coverage + ash to neutralise the warmth (red) with 20 vol that lifts 2 levels

A .22 is double violet. I used some gold concentrate to conteract some of the intensity of the violet.
I didnt have ash to neutralise the warmth (red)so I thought violet was the next best thing to stop warmth. A big mistake it was

A .22 is double violet. I used some gold concentrate to conteract some of the intensity of the violet.
I didnt have ash to neutralise the warmth (red)so I thought violet was the next best thing to stop warmth. A big mistake it was
Unfortunate not, violet only neutralises yellow, which in this case would have made it look even more red as it gets rid of any yellow in the orange leaving you with a violet red colour. A level 6 with a weak/single green based ash with 30 volume would be the best thing to have done

You can't take shortcuts with hair colour unfortunately :(

Latest posts

Back