salon computer systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
just wanted some opinions,
:green:does anyone use a computerised booking system?
:lol:which one do u use?
:green:how much does it cost?
:lol:how do u rate it?
:green:and are u a big salon?

No:lol: don't use one, just wanted to say that I noticed that one of the companies that is going to be at excel is offering a discount on its computerized system. The linc is on another thread thats up this evening.

hi, used to use salon activ, absolutly cr@p, awful customer service, they are actually still writing the manual?!!!!!!!??? how does that make sense. anyway new salon im at uses salon genius, i have used this before and find it excellant, not sure on all the costs as im just an employee, but does all the accounting work for you too.........

Hope your sitting down

£6500 for salon genius

We use salon iris and its good and very easy to use. Its quite affordable, i think its about £1000 but you can pay in interest free installments as well.

We use salon iris and its good and very easy to use. Its quite affordable, i think its about £1000 but you can pay in interest free installments as well.

not as bad as i thought then.

In the salon I work at we have Premier Spa - its reaaly easy to use, and support is good too.

The only thing with prem spa is the set-up. I spent hours sorting out all the necessary forms for customised installation, but if you decide to go that way, PM me, I'll happily help.

I use Salon Genius which is a Mascolo product (Toni & Guy / Tigi etc). At the time I also looked at Shortcuts which looked very pretty but didn't seem as user friendly. Both systems were about the same price (around £6k on a 3 year lease which includes all equipment including computer, printer, touch screen, bar code scanner,2 days training etc.) and I've been really happy with it. Info is easy to get and the support is very good. I know the costs seem high but (as we all know) you get what you pay for. I'd be a little wary in using something that's a lot cheeper. Remember, once you go computerised the system becomes a life blood of your business (client contacts, stock, wages etc.) and I wouldn't like to trust anything that tries to cut corners in order to reduce the price.
BTW - Salon employs 12 people within 3 operations (hair, beauty & nails) and can be easily configured to how you run your own salon.

Hope this helps.
Nick

I have Premier Softwear find it great support is on the end of the phone and find them very helpful cost £3,000 with a years technical help also got gift voucher tracking free which is great. You can pull of tens of different reports, so as a salon owner you can find out who is doing what and how cost effect they are, whoyour top ten clients are ect. You can give different access to different members of staff. also there is a marketing report section which is superb REALLY useful. God i could go on forever about it !!! So i will shut up now. I have small salon there are 3 of us. Hope this helps :)

Janice x

Wow, they all seem rather expensive! Aren't there any Web-based salon management systems out there that you can lease for a reasonable monthly fee without having to commit a huge amount of money up front?

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

You're absolutely right about not wanting a massive commitment or investment - business conditions and software change so rapidly that it's often better not to be locked into something by huge expense or by long term contract.

We've developed a salon software package that you might find useful.

The business model is service rental (rather than ownership) which means that there are no upfront costs and the price is less than what you'd spend on a decent meal for 2.

You can read about it and get a free trial on the website here

Cheers

Pete

Last edited:
i just had a look,i think for what that programme does its very overpriced. JMO

Hi, have a look at this and see what you think they have very reasonable rental prices and excellent support desk i have been using it in my salon and it is now invaluable for me does everything sales appointment hours records marketing stocktaking etc, download a free trial.
hth.

could you tell me how much you pay for this system please

I have used Platinum in a salon for the last 3 years and I and all my reception team love it! Its really simple to use and easy to train staff on. The management tools (set ups, reporting, security etc.) are exceptionally good and the support is excellent with a choice of buying or leasing at a low monthly cost, I can't see any reason why you would not use them! I would certainly recommend over and above some of the other more complex systems (usually with hidden support and set up costs) out there, any time!

I've just bought a filofax (again!)

Latest posts

Back