Salon dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautific

Reaction score
Hi I have been room renting within a hair salon for almost 2 years now and have built up a very good business both in the salon and also a mobile clientelle too.
Today an opportunity has come up for a unit just round the corner from where my children go to school and it seems to be too good to be true! Am I just being over cautious?
The rent and rates are very low and after doing the maths for other bills ie water and electric it works out similar to what I am paying now without the 34 mile round trip.
The unit itself is a reception area which is very small plus 2 seperate rooms.
What do you think?

There are things to consider apart from the obvious cost comparison.
If you are used to a busy salon, with toilets? & possibly a receptionist...
....will you cope without toilets, receptionisy & busy footfall?
Are you confident 75% of your clients will follow you?
What is the surrounding area like compared to current position?
Will you stop doing mobile if you have your own unit?
Is there a long lease you'll have to sign?
Ask yourself all these & more before you make your choice.
Good luck.
Danielle

Thankyou for your reply.
I would lose alot of the clients I have now due to where I am now is a 34 mile round trip for me, however I will offer mobile to my regulars on the day and a half that the new salon would be closed.
The lease is for 5 years but am able to come out whenever I want with a months notice.
The only thing I can forsee being a problem is having no receptionist to start with, although I sort out all of my own bookings at the moment anyway.
My main concern is that there are 2 other salons in the immediate vicinity that are hair and beauty.

Latest posts

Back