SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJonesMobile

Reaction score
Guys and Girls bit of a long one please bare with! Let me set the scene! o_O

So for once i am the client with a problem however due to the tones left behind vs the condition of my hair i am completely stumped at what to do i know i should probably leave it alone for the best but im not happy with the result atall!!

I have been doing my hair myself for a number of years as it has always been just an all over colour (Wella KP usually just base 3) and i am naturally around a base 8 - quite cool and very ashy. Around October time last year i decided that i would like a change even though i knew it would be a long road to going back lighter but would have some fun along the way!

Started my journey myself as i knew i could shift the bulk of it and it would only be eventually when i am ready for highlights i would go into a salon ( I am mobile and dont particularly rate the mobile hairdressers local to me - just preference and work i have seen)

So started by using a colour reducer to shift a build up of the dark and as expected it lifted it out to a very, very warm base 5 a little lighter in other areas. This was absolutely fine and was to be expected - i then covered this with just a 5/0 to mask the un-eveness and have an even canvas all over to work from again in a few months time. So January i decided to give this another go at seeing how much lighter i could lift my hair again not expecting miracles but hopeful of a shade or two lighter and a more even tone - My hair threw out a LOT of warmth that was VERY un even roots and mid lengths absolutely fine but ends were particularly stubborn. I decided to work with the warmth rather than against it and used a CT 7/75 which covered all of this and again left it to do its thing until a couple of weeks ago when i did a tsection of hilights using Blondme powder and 9% then toned down with CT 9/03 - Looked lovely however was impatient to start cracking on with the process after seeing how lovely my foils had lifted and toned.

SO booked in to Toni & Guy as i admire most (not all) of their work where i explained my journey, what i had used so far, end goal (Ash blonde all over to be maintained with highlights) explaining that i knew full well this goal would be a long way off and i still had a fair way to go. The lady i saw brushed it off as if i was being silly saying nope we can shift all of this warmth no problem leave it with me youll be walking out of here a blonde bombshell albeit maybe a little sandy. - Fine, im not about to read the rights to a fellow hairdresser as i know how annoying this is so i put full faith into her and let her do her thing.

She went through with a full head of hilights (not sure what bleach but said she would use 6% underneath and 9% throughout the rest) - my hair was already dry and was fully expecting this more so after this however she assured me they use smart bond in all of their colour steps should i wish to pay for this - obviously agreed. So full head of foils packed in back to back these were left for around 20 minutes where she took me to the backwash and used Effasor on all remaining hair out of foils - Yikes this stuff has always been extremely drying for my hair even when used more than carefully as i have very fine soft hair. This was left on for a couple of minutes then everything washed off and toned with Luo p01. In the mirror instantly i could see the difference in my roots they are actually the perfect target shade which all of my hair is until around 2-3 inches down my hair. As i say i dont have unrealistic expectations however in my opinion if it was me i would of toned it down all over using something close to the darkest of the hair that was yet to lift and re visited this at later date just continuing with highlights.

When she started drying my hair off i soon notice that i had an almost halo around my head with still VERY warm ends - the warmth does not bother me in the slightest i can work with it but only if it is even which this is really not. After feeling my hair once she had finished it is now very compromised and feels dry even near the root area i must admit i am scared to wash it tomorrow morning! Needless to say i will be cutting and giving it lots of treatments this is a given however i am very unhappy with the un evenness of it all - i am currently unable to tie it up as the underneath is pretty much WHITE which i know most people would be jealous of ha ha however the ends are still a very warm 8 in some places. Question is is there anything i can do in the way of toners to neutralize this - yes i know violet will not work as it is still slightly too dark, i am aware of my color wheel however obviously very nervous about counteracting the warmth with blue when there is so much white/bright blonde present!

Have a look at the pics and let me know what you think they are in quite good lighting so the ends to appear a fraction warmer than it shows in the pics, i really dont think it would handle any more lightening so please do not suggest this for the time being - i am going to need to cut a good couple of inches off. But any ideas on what i can do that will give minimal damage and even out the roots or counteract the ends without sending my roots blue/green!.

A little frustrating to walk out of a top salon after paying £150 to be left very uneven and very unhappy, i dont expect miracles and was certainly realistic but i would be horrified if i let a client walk out of the salon looking like this :( - wouldnt happen.

Attachments

• 89784435_291281261853385_6609039157610151936_n.jpg
    89784435_291281261853385_6609039157610151936_n.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 89808228_2665467020169837_8731114839943938048_n.jpg
    89808228_2665467020169837_8731114839943938048_n.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 89820812_638542606936588_4662039832753602560_n.jpg
    89820812_638542606936588_4662039832753602560_n.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 188
Guys and Girls bit of a long one please bare with! Let me set the scene! o_O

So for once i am the client with a problem however due to the tones left behind vs the condition of my hair i am completely stumped at what to do i know i should probably leave it alone for the best but im not happy with the result atall!!

I have been doing my hair myself for a number of years as it has always been just an all over colour (Wella KP usually just base 3) and i am naturally around a base 8 - quite cool and very ashy. Around October time last year i decided that i would like a change even though i knew it would be a long road to going back lighter but would have some fun along the way!

Started my journey myself as i knew i could shift the bulk of it and it would only be eventually when i am ready for highlights i would go into a salon ( I am mobile and dont particularly rate the mobile hairdressers local to me - just preference and work i have seen)

So started by using a colour reducer to shift a build up of the dark and as expected it lifted it out to a very, very warm base 5 a little lighter in other areas. This was absolutely fine and was to be expected - i then covered this with just a 5/0 to mask the un-eveness and have an even canvas all over to work from again in a few months time. So January i decided to give this another go at seeing how much lighter i could lift my hair again not expecting miracles but hopeful of a shade or two lighter and a more even tone - My hair threw out a LOT of warmth that was VERY un even roots and mid lengths absolutely fine but ends were particularly stubborn. I decided to work with the warmth rather than against it and used a CT 7/75 which covered all of this and again left it to do its thing until a couple of weeks ago when i did a tsection of hilights using Blondme powder and 9% then toned down with CT 9/03 - Looked lovely however was impatient to start cracking on with the process after seeing how lovely my foils had lifted and toned.

SO booked in to Toni & Guy as i admire most (not all) of their work where i explained my journey, what i had used so far, end goal (Ash blonde all over to be maintained with highlights) explaining that i knew full well this goal would be a long way off and i still had a fair way to go. The lady i saw brushed it off as if i was being silly saying nope we can shift all of this warmth no problem leave it with me youll be walking out of here a blonde bombshell albeit maybe a little sandy. - Fine, im not about to read the rights to a fellow hairdresser as i know how annoying this is so i put full faith into her and let her do her thing.

She went through with a full head of hilights (not sure what bleach but said she would use 6% underneath and 9% throughout the rest) - my hair was already dry and was fully expecting this more so after this however she assured me they use smart bond in all of their colour steps should i wish to pay for this - obviously agreed. So full head of foils packed in back to back these were left for around 20 minutes where she took me to the backwash and used Effasor on all remaining hair out of foils - Yikes this stuff has always been extremely drying for my hair even when used more than carefully as i have very fine soft hair. This was left on for a couple of minutes then everything washed off and toned with Luo p01. In the mirror instantly i could see the difference in my roots they are actually the perfect target shade which all of my hair is until around 2-3 inches down my hair. As i say i dont have unrealistic expectations however in my opinion if it was me i would of toned it down all over using something close to the darkest of the hair that was yet to lift and re visited this at later date just continuing with highlights.

When she started drying my hair off i soon notice that i had an almost halo around my head with still VERY warm ends - the warmth does not bother me in the slightest i can work with it but only if it is even which this is really not. After feeling my hair once she had finished it is now very compromised and feels dry even near the root area i must admit i am scared to wash it tomorrow morning! Needless to say i will be cutting and giving it lots of treatments this is a given however i am very unhappy with the un evenness of it all - i am currently unable to tie it up as the underneath is pretty much WHITE which i know most people would be jealous of ha ha however the ends are still a very warm 8 in some places. Question is is there anything i can do in the way of toners to neutralize this - yes i know violet will not work as it is still slightly too dark, i am aware of my color wheel however obviously very nervous about counteracting the warmth with blue when there is so much white/bright blonde present!

Have a look at the pics and let me know what you think they are in quite good lighting so the ends to appear a fraction warmer than it shows in the pics, i really dont think it would handle any more lightening so please do not suggest this for the time being - i am going to need to cut a good couple of inches off. But any ideas on what i can do that will give minimal damage and even out the roots or counteract the ends without sending my roots blue/green!.

A little frustrating to walk out of a top salon after paying £150 to be left very uneven and very unhappy, i dont expect miracles and was certainly realistic but i would be horrified if i let a client walk out of the salon looking like this :( - wouldnt happen.
I'd go back! Request that they even it out with a deeper shade. That is awful considering the price you paid and the reputation they have! I'd have probably gone with a full head of highlights, base colour in between then toner.
I'd definitely cut some off, invest in some Olaplex service , no other plex treatment does the same as Olaplex. Definitely do some deep conditioning masks.
If you really are reluctant to go back, I think the best solution would be to tone all the lighter hair with an 8/03 and then tone the warmer hair with a 8.0 at least that way you won't jeopardise any funny hughes...

I'd go back! Request that they even it out with a deeper shade. That is awful considering the price you paid and the reputation they have! I'd have probably gone with a full head of highlights, base colour in between then toner.
I'd definitely cut some off, invest in some Olaplex service , no other plex treatment does the same as Olaplex. Definitely do some deep conditioning masks.
If you really are reluctant to go back, I think the best solution would be to tone all the lighter hair with an 8/03 and then tone the warmer hair with a 8.0 at least that way you won't jeopardise any funny hughes...
Hi,
Well, I know nothing about hair, so I cannot give an opinion about the work done to your hair.
So, as a client,I would give the salon very bad reviews, and definitely go back and ask them to refund 100% of your money.
it seems to me that you are trained as a hairdresser. The person at the salon should have been more professional with you and your opinion, after all is your hair!. Go back and ask them for the refund of your money and treatment for your hair until it goes back to look healthy and even.
Put also a complaint to whatever institution supervise professional standards.
Good luck,

p.s.
just for your information, for the uneducated eye of the average person in the street, we don’t realise what mess your hair is in . So, don’t feel bad.

Thank you im glad its not just me that is disappointed i have been left like this for the cost and the brand name i was very suprised!

Latest posts

Back