Salon experience straight from college - Ireland!?!?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grainneh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone been able to get any salon experience after completing their nail course - In fairness I havent called any of them yet as I am a bit nervous but just wondering has anyone any advice / help on how to go about it as I think its the only way to build up speed etc?

Any help would be great ;-)

Grainne!!!!!!

Grainneh said:
Hi all,

Just wondering has anyone been able to get any salon experience after completing their nail course - In fairness I havent called any of them yet as I am a bit nervous but just wondering has anyone any advice / help on how to go about it as I think its the only way to build up speed etc?

Any help would be great ;-)

Grainne!!!!!!

Call them up and be honest and tell them what you are after

tell them what youve trained in, where you trained and ask if you can show them your portfolio (if from college)...I bet there is someone in your area needing a new trainee or junior technician...dont be shy as only you can sell yourself...good luck

Yeh I suppose you are right - But its very nerve racking I might just give them a call on saturday ....whats the money like starting off is it very bad!!?!? I just dont wanna take a HUGE drop in wages u know .....its mad!! I am stuck in a job that I hate now but I am afraid to take a big leap into the world of nails after being in an office ya know!!

STRESS!! ;-)

Grainneh said:
Yeh I suppose you are right - But its very nerve racking I might just give them a call on saturday ....whats the money like starting off is it very bad!!?!? I just dont wanna take a HUGE drop in wages u know .....its mad!! I am stuck in a job that I hate now but I am afraid to take a big leap into the world of nails after being in an office ya know!!

STRESS!! ;-)

I know I am the same planning to make the leap soon myself..

I dont know about the wages in Ireland but the wage her seems to be from around £4.50....

Just see what you can negotiate...

well this is it- ah sure what can u do !! I know in ireland the wages are not very good ya know....but sure its worth enquiring

Thanks for your help

Grainne

Grainneh said:
well this is it- ah sure what can u do !! I know in ireland the wages are not very good ya know....but sure its worth enquiring

Thanks for your help

Grainne

Your welcome there are a few other gals from Ireland on here like Jackie and Lindag they will be of more help i am sure.

Louise

Grainneh said:

STRESS!! ;-)
My suggestion would be to call them on a weekday and not a Saturday as its bound to be a really busy day for them and they wont be keen to stop and talk to you.

Hi Grainne, forgot to mention on the phone the other night, have a look here

http://www.nailandbeautybar.com/careers.htm

Nail & Beauty Bar is a chain of salons run by Louisa & Robert Flanagan, they are just about to open their 4th salon at Clare Hall Shopping Centre on the Malahide Road (been having a nosey there today - very nice!) and they are in the process of opening a 5th!

I have no idea what the wages are, but it's a very successful chain of salons and Louisa is lovely and a fantastic nail tech, it would be nice to work in a place like that.

You just fill in the online application form and send it in. They may even be interested in you working part - time. Just something else to consider. ;)

Latest posts

Back